Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone through my Alfa manual ad I couldn't find the torque setting for the manual gearbox oil drain or the engine oil drain plugs, would someone know what they are?

I have a S4.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Aso,

·
But Mad North-Northwest
14,022 Posts
For the record, page 86 of the S4 manual lists it as 7-8 kgm (51-58 lb-ft). Which always seemed kind of high to me but it hasn't stripped yet.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
14,022 Posts
Sorry, wasn't being clear: this is in the owner's manual, not the service manual. The number seems to appear in a few places at different values.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for answering my questions.

And yes, I got new washers, I learned a long time ago to never reuse a copper washer. I'm assuming since copper is soft, it squishes a bit.

Just for info, the new oil pan washers came from IAP, I couldn't find the gear box ones on their site but found 22mm copper washers at Canadian Tire that fit very nicely.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
'64 Spider Normale (Bought new), now "abnormale"; '91 Spider Veloce
348 Posts
S 4 oil drain plug torque

For the record, page 86 of the S4 manual lists it . Which always seemed kind of high to me but it hasn't stripped yet.
While this is responding to an earlier posting, I just looked at my 1991 Owner's Manual, and the torque listing of 7-8 kgm (51-58 lb-ft) can be found on page 70, but it may be on other pages, also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.