Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a source for these parts? Apparently the shop that disassembled the mechanicals failed to delivery this assembly to the shop that came in to clean up the mess... The circled items are what is missing. Thanks in advance,

Also, a few shots from spring with body work done and front seats done.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Fox

Attachments

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Not all 2600s had the oil cooler installed, as it seems to have been an option for very early cars (especially those cars delivered to Northern countries).

I may have an oil pump from a parts car (but I don't have time to go searching for it for a couple of weeks). The tricky part will be finding the hose couplings (which I recall have unusual dimensions). It may be worthwhile talking to the Larrys at APE.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ruedi, you said it was only a feature on early cars. Would it be a problem to just delete the oil cooler from our restoration?

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
It's the other way around: It was an option on very early cars (in 1962), not a feature. I tend to believe thereafter, all cars were equipped with oil coolers. Alfa must have concluded that the oil cooler was necessary -- and so, I would advise against deleting it.

Reactions: alfasprinty

·
Registered
196 Posts
Greetings,
I should have whatever you need.
Send me a PM.
Jonathan

·
Push hard and live
11,537 Posts
I have a 2600 cooler, adapter, and hoses that I will sell. $300 for all.

·
Push hard and live
11,537 Posts
That's more than I just sold my entire cooler "kit" for.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
...and the thingy on eBay is/was just the housing with some important pieces missing).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts