Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While diagnosing an idle / oil leak problem, I discovered that the hose from the oil cannister to the top of the valve cover has a slight crack in it and I am seeking a replacement.

I have been unable to locate one on IAPs or Centerline's online catalogs.

Anyone got a source / pointer to this item?

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
While diagnosing an idle / oil leak problem, I discovered that the hose from the oil cannister to the top of the valve cover has a slight crack in it and I am seeking a replacement.

I have been unable to locate one on IAPs or Centerline's online catalogs.

Anyone got a source / pointer to this item?
I got mine from the local hose supply store.

Brought the old one in, told them it was for hot oil vapour.

It's just a straight piece.

Few bucks and your done.

Vin

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got mine from the local hose supply store.
Vin
I did the same thing when looking for a replacement brake booster line. The hose supply store I went to dealt mainly in commercial accounts with invoices still being written by hand.

Rather than trudge through a half hour of paperwork for a few dollars of hose they just gave me a stack of leftover hose for free. Wound up being enough to replace every vacuum line on the car except for the dipstick to OVS and plenum to MAP sensor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got mine from AutoZone, it was transmission hose. They sell it by the foot for under $2 a foot. If it carries hot transmission fluid, I figured it would carry hot oil vapor.

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,029 Posts
ace hardware,, i got some of that clear vinel hose, works great, and as you can see thru it, early warning system for head gasket problems..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts