Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys Ive noticed that my car is a little more oil it just turned 100k 2 months ago before I went on vacation it sat for 6 weeks only to be turned on every two days to idle and now its 100234k on the clock for some reason I dont believe its my valve seals but the spark plug head seal...you know the little rubber oval shape that seals the sparkplug tube to head because when I remove sparkplugs somtimes oil is all over the threads and it seams like it flows from the valve cover where it mates with the sparkplug whole or tube if you will. I just bought both valve cover gaskets and the sparkplug tube seals and timing belt water pump new tensioner and low resistance fan switch...I think mine broke because fan only clicks on high speed..and still runs great. Car really pulls great, it knocks a little but its been like that since I bought it in Jan of 05. Car really runs great for a 16 year old!! Its a "92"L I always use 20w50 in hot summer and 15w40 in winter Mobile Delvac 1300 really good stuff throw in a bottle of STP to bring the zddp up and its all good bros. Anyways Im going to do my timing belt this labor day weekend and valve cover gaskets ect,ect. I love this car.:)

·
Premium Member
27,323 Posts
While you have valve covers, off check all valve clearances and expect to adjust exhaust rocker arms. Usually Intakes close enough to spec that you won't have to pull cams to change any shims.

Have you checked front and backsides of cam pulleys for any signs of oil leaks? If leak on front of pulley you need new orings in cam pulley front hub and if back side you need new oil seals in head for rear cam pulley hub.

Check aux shaft pulley oil seal and front crank pulley oil seal.

Did you get new short hoses for between water pump and heads?

What about thermostat and gaskets?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Steve.. The cam seals are still good the front and rear aux cam are good no leaks there and pully seal are also good too. rear crank seal is good I saw it when I did my tranny and no leaks there, now oil pan is another story. front crankseal I will look at when I pull timing belt might just order that just incase. but its all clean in there no leaks whatsoever only leaks and not a drip drip but just a little wet is from valve cover gaskets and supes up from hex bolts nothing bad though. As for thermo and the other stuff its at hand. Thanks for input Bro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts