Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
This week I found most of the oil had disappeared. The oil level on the engine was on low and the second jug of oil I had was already empty because I had to top up the oil so often. I had enough of that brand.

So, I went to another shop and found BP Visco 5000 10w40 semi-synthetic for 22€ (4 liter jug). I'd been paying 35€ for the 5 liter jug of the other brand.

Two days ago, I changed the oil for this new one. Now I don't have low pressure issues, it goes up to 4 bar at 2000-ish rpm, whether cold or warm. The valves sound quieter too.

Will see how much oil it burns from now on. I did have little leaks on the exhaust side valve cover and drain plug but it's all fixed now.

·
Registered
573 Posts
What was the "other brand?"
Sorry for answering your question so late.

The other brand was "amalie elixir synthetic", by amalie oil company. I looked on their online store but couldn't find the exact same product. I'll be changing to BP on the Citroen too if the oil burning slows down. If I remember correctly, I still had three liters left over from changing the oil on november. I spent all of that on top-ups.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I did find a technical datasheet in Spanish for that particular oil.

ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4
API SL/CF
MB 229.1
VW 505.00,500.00
Rover
Porsche
BMW Special Oil

"Elixir Synthetic 10W-40 is recommended for the new generation of GTI and TDI engines." Not mine I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.