Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 71 GTV USA spec.The car was changed over to Dellorto carburetors. The engine still has the original strait oil breather valve that comes on fuel injected models. I want change the oil breather valve to the right angle version that was standard on the euro carburetor models. I recently purchased a right angle valve for it. Last night, I went to exchange these valves and noticed that the strait valve has a thin rod that runs into the cam cover. Questions...what is this thin rod? Is it easily removable? That is, can I pull the strait breather valve out without removing the cam cover? Why does the right angle version not have this? Does it have something to do with the fuel injection? Lastly, as I inspected the thin rod, I noticed sand like particles around the opening. I'm no mechanic, so should I be concerned about this? Any insight would be greatly appreciated...Fernando.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
not sure...but looks like that rod is a continuation of the small outlet on the side of that breather (which is a spica thing, isn't it?)
photos here might give some help....scroll down.
Alfa Romeo Valve Cover | Alfa Romeo GT Veloce

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right...I see. Those photographs are very helpful. I might remove the cam cover and slide that rod out. I wonder if I should be worried about the grittiness around the opening, maybe that's another reason to look inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts