doe someone have a source ?

rgds and thanks

Franco

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
oil and water temp sensors

Franco,

Part number 1365 76 472 is the part number for both water and oil sensors according to the 1900 Parts Catalogue (page 334, table 87).

This same part number is indicated in the Giulietta Parts Catalogue for both the oil and water sensors.

My conclusion : Apparently, you should be able to use the Giulietta sensors sold by usual vendors (Alfastop, Classicalfa, OKP, etc.)

The same is true for the 2000.
But for 105 Giulias, the sensors are different.

·
Push hard and live
9,604 Posts
Franco,

I used a VDO-323-055 for my oil temp sensor in the FNM engine, mated to the standard 102 oil gauge. The sender is mounted in a threaded hole in the oil pump rather than in the oil filter assembly, as the FNM uses a spin-on filter and has no hole back in that area for a temperature sender. I believe the threads are the same, however, so it may work. The VDO sender is a 14mm X 1.5 with a tapered seat area, and is a short-extension type. They offer longer extensions if that is appropriate for your use.

The wiring schematic shows a resistor in line to the oil temp sender. I originally hooked up my new sender without a resistor, and found that the temperature read a bit higher than expected. I have since installed a 33 ohm resistor and get indicated temps that stabilize at or slightly less than the water temp. I have not yet confirmed this reading with a calibrating measurement, but will do so at some point. I bought a handful of resistors, so if checks show that I'm indicating a little high or low, it is easy enough to adjust.

The FNM does not have the water/heater/temp sender assembly at the rear of the cylinder head. However, the original temp sender is mounted in the top rear of the cylinder head, and I hooked up to that and am getting dead-on measurements.

VDO offers a very large range of senders, with thread, seat, and range-to-resistance options. Should be possible to match up what you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts