Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you Californians can't relate to this, but today the spider exited hibernation! After a Winter that turned this part of the world into a frozen tundra today we made it to 60' !!!
After almost 4 months my little baby came out into the sun and we went for a little spin.
She started right up and ran like a top. The clutch clutched and the breaks breaked. Yeehaa
I went easy on her for this first ride, but this week I need to make time for an Italian Tune Up (can't wait)

Me So Happy!! :) :D

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Good News!

Is that why you were a ghost for a while? Glad you're back. I guess you need to abandon all Alfa related thing's when winter swings around your way. Must be hard.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Us Californians definitely take our weather for grantit.

The good thing for you is that there is a cure for the Alfa Virus even if you have to wait 4 months for the antidote!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Wow! Is there a car under all that snow?

I can't relate to the weather, but I can relate. My Spider was out of commission several times. I was always in awe when she'd fire right up. And the drive with the top down was awesome.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BUMP! :D
2004 edition. The 92 finally got a chance to stretch her legs.
Must be 50 today. Yeeha, Spring is coming.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was gonna fire her up today also. But I hurt my shifter hand and I know it would only piss me off not being able to start tinkering with the car. If the weather holds, next week should be alfa time if the doctor says so.

good luck paradiso

·
Registered
517 Posts
We were out today as well. Took a run out towards Montauk to stretch the legs a bit. We're not done with winter yet, but it was spring on the east end today.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Here in Michigan, I had the pleasure of working on the Spider with the garage door open !!! No space heaters !!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I took advantage of the nice temperatures and completely tore down my engine this weekend. It's now in many little pieces and a few large ones. With some luck, it will be back in one large piece by the time the weather stays reliably warm.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yep. Leap year day was a good day. Took my spider out for some top down fun around Douglas, MA. All the bikers had the fever too! Just think. A couple of weeks ago I was at my place on the Cape and Nantucket sound was frozen over from Dennisport to the island. Never seen that in my life.

Saturday, I saw a white Spider Graduate parked at Kay's in Woonsocket, RI. (great steak sandwiches their.)

Take care Dave

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Frabjous Day Redux

2005 Edition.
One spider is awake! Put a charge on the battery last night, plugged it in this morning and away we went. (Hey, it was ALMOST 30 degrees) Wimped out and left the top up, mostly to be sure not to crack the back window.
Nice and easy, maybe revved it to 4 K a couple of times, barely touched 60 on one stretch of road. I think my odometer's broke, the 1 mile commute to my office registered something like 20 miles. (Well maybe I did go the LONG way) If the sun stays out I know what I'll be doing around lunch time.

This Winter has truly sucked! Sunshine and a couple of days with the highs in the forties, good enough for me. "Let the wild rumpus begin."

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Paradiso said:
This Winter has truly sucked! Sunshine and a couple of days with the highs in the forties, good enough for me.
Sunday is the first day of spring. And they've been predicting snow. The Suckiness Alert moves from Elevated to High. Grrr. I can't do anything with my Spider until it gets into the 50s because I started moving the headlights behind the fenders to install the Carello covers and there is some touch-up painting to be done.

Paradiso said:
"Let the wild rumpus begin."
Almost. But my Wild Thing is still off to bed, without her supper.

(And guess what? I can recite "In the Night Kitchen" from memory. Ain't it great having little ones?)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Getting a little too far afield from the thread here, but have you seen the video versions of Wild Things and Night Kitchen with narration and music by Peter Schikele (aka PDQ Bach), as well as Nutshell Kids books with narration and music by Carole King? Pretty neat.

Night Kitchen got to be one of my favorite books. Not just kids' books, but books in general.

(Looking for some way to tie this back to Alfa content, but coming up short.)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yep!!!

Sparked my little spider today too!!! Started right up from winter Hibernation.
Weather in Spain is starting to get nicer and nicer.... :D

After work, Friday and time for the great Italian tune up!!! :cool:

have a great Easter everyone!!! :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
I decided to bring my Spider out yesterday. Fired right up and off to the car wash before work. Drove with top down at lunch time (40 degrees.)

Today I filled it up and it is ready for a trip to the Cape tomorrow.

Boy did I miss driving that car.

Dave

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In what has now become an AlfaBB tradition...
2006 Bump.

Finally, finally, finally.

Something happened to me this Winter and I forgot what I was missing. I guess getting a new car just sidetracked me. I've been accumulating parts to mod the subie, planning what I wanted to do, learning about turbos..

Hurray for Alfa. Even in rainy crappy weather with the top up, what a joy.

Subaru, what Subaru?

:D
Happy almost Spring, Happy Alfa

1 - 20 of 66 Posts