Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked my mate to put the battery I was charging for the 164 TS back in & he made a bit of a ****up. it put the terminals on the wrong way round for about 2 minutes.

nothing was started or turned on in this period.

What could have F***ed up ?

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Well...

Well,
It obviously had some effect on your speech (don't know if this will be a lasting effect, or not...) The event also appears to have damaged the portion of your brain, which typically drives things like grammar skills etc.

How's your "friend"? Did he manage to dislodge the battery from his arse yet? That's where I would have stuck it. Just kidding bud.

Worst is, you fried some terminal harness and blew a few fuses (That's IF you didn't fire her up...)

How are things now, have you tried starting? Try it, worst case, it doesn't start, then you know. I took a pretty bad reverse-polar jump-start (also from another incompetent) and things were fine.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for the expletives & grammer issues. I was not a very happy bunny when I wrote that.

All seems ok, but I havn't managed to start it yet, as the car has no radiator at the moment.

As long as it's no more than a case of replacing a few fuses, then I guess he is let off the hook.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts