Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off next week on a Los Angeles foreign, pick n pull Junk Yard tour!!! Suspect Alfa pickings will slim, but am wondering if there's a Cross Reference list of what other marks specific parts inter change with our Alfas? Any resource reference would be appreciated! Thanks
Paul
89 Graduate

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Flywheel position sensors cross to Porsche 944. At least the replacements do as they only make one length now.

Fuel pump tachymetric relay from several 80s BMWs

Auxiliary air valve may be close enough to anything you find out there, SAAB, Volvo! BMW, Datsun.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the term "Fuel pump tachymetric relay"...it will be my new phrase of the day!!!
Pray tell, where does this wonderus device live in our spider Alfas???
If I'm going relay hunting might as well get an eyeball on it so I dont take any innocents!!
Thanks for your reply
Paul
89 Graduate

·
Registered
31 Posts
Flywheel sensors also interchange with a Saab, though I can't tell you what year the one I salvaged was ('90's I suspect). Would guess that, at least for my '84 spider, anything with L-jet in the same age range would be a good prospect: 1 bolt, compare to the dead soldier I brought with me, read resistance, voila!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The tachymetric relay is the larger (longer) of the two fuel system relays under the rear shelf, passenger (right) side next to the L-Jetronic injection control box. The signal from the tach keeps the relay energized so the fuel pump stays on. Rather than an inertia switch the system relies on engine stoppage to turn off the fuel pump when the tach signal goes away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts