Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought these 16" wheels and I am about to install on my car. I know these are OEM Alfa Spider Wheels, but where they ever Original Equipment on the 164?
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes, they were OE for 164's for the last few years of production (96-97 IIRC). These late 164s had a horizontal chrome strip on the side grilles and the metal trim (the one goes around the car just above bumpers) was tinted in transparent bronze-ish color.

Edit: I found a for sale ad for a '96 164 Super but the site would let me download pictures, so here's the like to the ad: Click Here You can see the wheels, the strip on the side grill, and the bronze-colored trim moulding.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, they were OE for 164's for the last few years of production (96-97 IIRC). These late 164s had a horizontal chrome strip on the side grilles and the metal trim (the one goes around the car just above bumpers) was tinted in transparent bronze-ish color.

Edit: I found a for sale ad for a '96 164 Super but the site would let me download pictures, so here's the like to the ad: Click Here You can see the wheels, the strip on the side grill, and the bronze-colored trim moulding.
Thanks, and they look really great on the car.

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
Thanks, and they look really great on the car.
They might have been but only show for:
Only available for GTV and Spider 1995-1998

part number: 60608608

I do know the Super did come with "green" chrome as an option and have seen many with these wheels.
With normal "yellow" chrome trim trim too. So not 100% on it since alfa does some weird things but think it was ONLY 96' versions.
I suspect since these wheels are most likely easy to find used or in parts yards 164 owners opt for them on their cars since they are a 16" upgrade over stock. I also think this is a correct statement that some did come with the black chrome trim option.

I have all the 164 brochures from europe from 89-97 so I will look them over and make sure it was an option which I think it is since I have only seen these wheels on a few 164 supers
Jason

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Well, I guess it could have been just in my home country (Japan). ALL of the 96-97 164 Supers (12V and 24V) sold there came with these wheels and the bronze trim.

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
Well, I guess it could have been just in my home country (Japan). ALL of the 96-97 164 Supers (12V and 24V) sold there came with these wheels and the bronze trim.
I Have checked everything and do not find those wheels associated with the 164.
I have checked japanese versions as well with no luck. I think it is one of those alfa things where they had a surplus of those wheels and added it as an option to the green chrome.
Who knows? Anyway you look at it they look good!
J

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
Love that Q4.
Great color and a great wheel.

Well I guess that settles it. Those wheels must have come on the green chrome trim packaged with wood wheel and wood knob as well.
Probably very very few of them I am sure.
Jason

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
Oh, yeah, so let's see 'em!

Thanks all. Seems one way or another, the wheels look great on the 164.

Those 19" ones do too.
Roel,
How does that Q4 ride with 19" OZ's?
What size tire is on that? Must be a 245/30 or something?

Anyways, Looks great! I have always loved that color...

Jason

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Guys,

These wheels are the OZ Superleggera 8j x19 with 225x35x19 Kumho Ecsta
tyres from Michel our Alfa164superwebmaster, next week I go for a ride with his Q4, but Arjen TD had already driven with the Q4 and the 19", the wheels are very light by weight and drive very well, he had Azev A 18" before these wheels and on the Q4 and with that wheels he had a lot of problems.
The Q4 drive's now very smooth and is even good to drive without pain in the ***.
He is very happy and content with those wheels.
This Q4 has also Recaro seats inside and a woden wheel but no woden knob.
It is really one of the beautiful 164 in Holland or maybe Europe.
The 164 is timeless, you put on new types of wheels and it is again a modern car!!!!.

Alfa 164 Rules :D:cool:

greeetz Roel

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
Hi Guys,

These wheels are the OZ Superleggera 8j x19 with 225x35x19 Kumho Ecsta
tyres from Michel our Alfa164superwebmaster, next week I go for a ride with his Q4, but Arjen TD had already driven with the Q4 and the 19", the wheels are very light by weight and drive very well, he had Azev A 18" before these wheels and on the Q4 and with that wheels he had a lot of problems.
The Q4 drive's now very smooth and is even good to drive without pain in the ***.
He is very happy and content with those wheels.
This Q4 has also Recaro seats inside and a woden wheel but no woden knob.
It is really one of the beautiful 164 in Holland or maybe europe.
The 164 is timeless, you put on new types of wheels and it is again a modern car.

Alfa Rules:D:cool:

greeetz Roel
Good to hear.,I personally might not opt for 19" maybe 18"
and due to them being light that will make a huge difference in ride quality.

I was looking at a set for myself since my Zender Siena wheel seems a bit heavy although the ride is fantastic now that I got rid of the POLY bushings, thank god.
Recaro as well but FWD 12V version, :(
Mine, not as beautiful as the Q4 but works pretty good for me. ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
White is a nice color for these`164 two tone, with Super lights in the front and mirror's in the doors:cool: great car Jason...:D and the Siena are reel cool man....
looking great, I never seen a with 164 in real......

greetz Roel

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
White is a nice color for these`164 two tone, with Super lights in the front and mirror's in the doors:cool: great car Jason...:D and the Siena are reel cool man....
looking great, I never seen a with 164 in real......

greetz Roel
Thanks!

That car inspires me. I am going to remove the Super front grill and put the QV one back on. I think it fits the car better.
I am re-painting all the lower gray cladding here soon.
I really love those wheels and have been wanting to purchase a set for myself so I won't ruin the Siena's with are N/A from Zender (along with any wheels).
I love those OZ's and the full paint job on the Q4.
I suppose the car is standard height since no one really made Q4 lowering springs? Because it looks like the front may be lowered a bit but those wheels fill the gap nicely! Maybe had some springs made? As someone here did in Europe but can't remember who?

Kool cars.

Jason

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Oh, yeah, so let's see 'em!

Thanks all. Seems one way or another, the wheels look great on the 164.

Those 19" ones do too.
Okay, these are teasers then! I was going to wait until the finished project. Bad lighting, dirty car, etc...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
****....buy some springs!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts