Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any Alfa memorabilia that is not of the "Poster" or "Model" vein? Like say a Alfa Pez dispenser! (Not that there ever was one, but who knows) This may go nowhere but I'll start with something I purchased maybe a year ago from a Canadian chap. It is a Alfa badge that was found in "Wheaties" boxes from the 1950's. I don't know much about it but have never seen another, so needless to say I'll trade it for a S4 spider or equivalent... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
What is the diameter of that badge?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appx 4" or so

·
Registered
271 Posts
Does anybody have any Alfa memorabilia that is not of the "Poster" or "Model" vein?

Maybe you like this item here;)

Best regards
Ciao Carlo:cool:

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,555 Posts
I have the following items that I feel are a bit unordinary. The first is some sort of appointment card for a test drive of the 164. The second is an eraser (rubber to you folks across the pond). The last two are images of a 155 and 164 printed on sheet metal and mounted on cardboard. I'm not sure if these were given out by dealers or if they were display at dealerships.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Vintage banner

I've got a vintage Alfa banner, probably a dealership item or something like that. It's the old (with-Milano) logo from before 1972. It's a red background with the logo in the center and a gold or white fringe on the bottom. Roughly 2.5 feet wide and 3.5 feet high. I found it tied to the exterior mirror of my '74 GTV one day when I went out for a drive a few years ago. No idea how it got there. I image that some nice resident of my small town used to have an Alfa or worked at a dealer or something and the banner was leftover in their garage and they just wanted to pass it on to someone who would appreciate it, but I'm just guessing as there was no note or anything with it. I don't have a photo, as it's now hanging in my parent's house half a continent away.

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport. 2019 Stelvio ti Lusso.
1,549 Posts
Bedspread!

This bedspread was on my bed when I was a kid in the late 60's. It's a twin size. When I saw this thread, I decided to dig it out of our linen chest. This was also on my daughters bed when she was young. You can clearly see the Alfa Romeo badge, along with others. In one of the racing "scenes" there is a Giulietta, back in something like fifth, behind a TR-3, XK150, some flashy red job, and an MGA. Perhaps it's coming up on lapped traffic.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
164 office chair

This may not count as memorabilia in the strictest sense of the word, but it's memorable for me and brings back very fond memories of my dearly departed Alfa 164. I have an office chair at work that I made from a back seat from a 164 (one of the reclining bucket ones). I sit in it daily, wishing that I still had that car (though not the maintenance bills!).

Attachments

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,555 Posts
This bedspread was on my bed when I was a kid in the late 60's. It's a twin size. When I saw this thread, I decided to dig it out of our linen chest. This was also on my daughters bed when she was young. You can clearly see the Alfa Romeo badge, along with others. In one of the racing "scenes" there is a Giulietta, back in something like fifth, behind a TR-3, XK150, some flashy red job, and an MGA. Perhaps it's coming up on lapped traffic.
Ha ha, that's too funny. I too have the blankets from my twin beds from my childhood. I thought I was the only one that would keep something like that. I'll bet you still have all of your stuffed animals too. :D

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport. 2019 Stelvio ti Lusso.
1,549 Posts
...I'll bet you still have all of your stuffed animals too. :D
Eh, no. I do have my HO slot car set. I also have car and aircraft models I built as a kid. Sadly, the models haven't suffered many moves, though, and most are in need of repair, or garbage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts