1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
clipped from a recent email from the CT AROC Chapter:

Leaf-peeping Tour

or The First Annual Fall Foliage Festival

October 13th – Our leaf-peeping tour is definitely on. It will start in Southbury at Leo’s restaurant instead of Patty’s in Litchfield. This is in response to member comments that we should find a place where we can all sit together which was definitely not possible at the Laurel and not really possible at Patty’s. Leo’s has an upstairs area which will accommodate all of us. Members also thought that Southbury is a good central location. (Comments please: Where is a good central location [town]?)

We should leave the parking lot about 10:00AM, so if you plan on eating breakfast please get there by 9:00AM

The tour will take us to Collinsville, named one of the 10 Coolest Small towns in the US. We’ll meet at the old Collinsville hose factory, now a large multi-dealer antiques shop, where we can plan where to eat lunch and what to see whilst in town.

The final route details are still being tweaked, in that it is now what my wife calls pre-election road repaving time. But rest assured I will devise a fun and gorgeous ride.

Leo’s is on Southbury’s Main St. South, but the entrance is off Poverty Road. Use exit 15 off I-84, north on 6, left at the light, right at the next light.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts