Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Bruce Colby said:
We were of the same impression as you for quite some time. However, we were misinterpreting the rule. It is true that "joy rides" are not acceptable. However, an AROSC TT licensed driver can take a passenger out for instructional purposes. This assumes the passenger signs a release, meets all the age, etc., requirements that a TT driver would have to meet, is warring all the proper clothing and safety gear, including a 5-point harness in the passenger seat.

This is the case for Willow and, as far as I know, all the other tracks we normally visit. If the Event Director got the impression that someone was "joy riding", I would expect to see the offending car pulled off the track. That's a judgment call the Event Director would have to make.
Thanks Bruce, that's news to me. And good news at that.
Jorge
(one seat GTV)

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Attn: AROSC event organizers. Please help me help you by answering the following question.

I have friends that are only interested in running on the Saturday only TT.
Would their registration only be half of what is listed on the sign up form $225 for both days?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Simon,

I am almost sure that they will NOT accept 1/2 day registrations. You pay full, and you have the option to show up for both days or not.

As always drivers meetings are mandatory.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Passengers

Regarding Jorge's question about passengers...you must have missed the two or three driver's meetings when we announced the new understanding of policy back when I was Director. Anyway, in the eyes of the track (and the insurance company) anyone taking a passenger is acting as an instructor. So we are basically allowing any licensed time trialer to take a passenger for instructional purposes only, and that's why we insist on the driver having a time trial license and the passenger meeting all the qualifications we expect a time trialer to meet (hold a US driver's license, sign the waiver, wear all the required safety equipment). We are trusting our licensed time trialers to act responsibly as "proxy-instructors."

Doug Bender

·
Registered
374 Posts
alfabender said:
Regarding Jorge's question about passengers...you must have missed the two or three driver's meetings when we announced the new understanding of policy back when I was Director.
Doug Bender
OOPS!
Hey, I actually always go to those meetings. :)
In fact, Doug, I had no car and was away for a full 12 months!
Didn't you guys miss me?
Doug, even though it's late news, it's good news for me! Thanks for clarifying the issue.

Jorge

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
I'm sitting on the fence for this one, I'll be doing the VARA race there two weeks later. I'll be there to watch Sunday for sure.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Simon,

Sorry for the delay. I haven't checked the board lately. Next time, if you are in a hurry, call the appropriate director on the entry form.

To answer your question, yes, we have accepted one-day entries in the past when there is a reason for it, and the entrant makes prior arrangements with the registration director. It is not the "norm", but we have made exceptions in the past.

For this event, we do expect a pretty full house, as we haven't had an event in quite some time, and Willow is our "home track." Obviously, we need to give first priority to those who register for both days. It's a matter of finances.

So, if you were interested in only running one day, I will hold your application aside until a few days before the event before assigning a spot. The is NO GUARANTEE that you will get a spot. In fact, for this event, it might be doubtful. But, yes, the fees are half, so go ahead and send your entry.

I'll contact you a couple of days before the event to let you know if there is any space left. If not, I will return your check.

If you have further questions, contact me directly at the information on the entry form.

I hope this answers your question.

See you there, I hope!

Bradley

·
Registered
374 Posts
Norman Silverma said:
If you don't think that being in proximity to my car will slow you down I may be interested. What's the going rate?
Norm
it would be an honor!
I believe it was 150 for the 2 days (should double check), but for you, we'll leave it at 75 per day :rolleyes:
That split between 2 people.
(just confirmed the price)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi,

Smestas or anyone....
Does anyone still need "one day" on the track for 22/23 weekend? Perhaps we can split a weekend but make AROSC's life easy and sign-up together. I am thinking of using the TT/race as more of a test day since I've made too many car changes that just may not work that great. I prefer to go saturday so i can fix stuff on sunday. Besides timing and races are on Sunday for that person who wants that thrill. I can be in TT or race group.

[email protected]

·
Registered
913 Posts
The weather looks like it'll be in the mid to low 70's so some new lap records may be in order. Does anyone out there think they have a shot at one? I figure Norm has a good chance in H and maybe there will be one in C if Peter Kemos or Jim Ferris put it all together.

Here's what the records look like at present:

Class Time Driver Car Date
A 01:39.974 Rimicci, Anthony GTV 01/12/03
B 01:36.434 Henderson, Robin GTV 02/05/95
C 01:40.164 Mayring, Chris Guilietta Sprint 01/12/03
D 01:40.670 Brown, Alex GTV 12/04/94
E 01:45.139 Brown, Alex GTV 02/09/92
F 01:48.628 Avakian, Simon Berlina 12/04/94
G 01:53.797 Bryant, J. Alfa 11/91
I 02:13.980 Ritter, D. Guilietta TI 08/08/93
H 02:02.003 Silverman, Norm Guilia TI 02/01/04
Z 01:24.827 Crescentini, Dino GTV/GT3 11/01/91
K 01:43.919 Sours, William Super 7 02/01/04
L 01:39.059 Foye, Kevin Camaro 02/01/04
M 01:24.168 Borer, Jeff R1T 04/13/03
N 01:32.464 Blizzard, Bob Mustang 01/14/01
O 01:34.984 Ladin, Jim Mustang 01/14/01
P 01:36.933 DeArman, Daryl RX7 11/12/00

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm coming! (but I'm not in the list, heh, heh).

Seriously, Bruce, In October 24, 2004, Peter Kemos has a recorded time in class C of 1:39.453, although timed manually, so it was not official.
So it bears the question: in 1995, was the Class B record time obtained electronically?
How in the world can I better 1:36.4 in a class B car? Phew!
I'll still try and do *my* best.

And I hope we have enough people for an Alfa Cup.

Jorge

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
argtv7 said:
None of the people on that list have registered for this event yet. Norm? Anthony? Chris? Not coming?

Racing at Coronado last weekend drained me for the month. Dirk is not going to make it either.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts