Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the entry form be coming out soon or posted here on the BB? I'd like to fill one out and send it in before I go on my vacation which starts in a week, and I don't get back until October 18.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Who is gonna be there? If none of our customers are racing, I'll drive up and watch on Sunday. Maybe they'll let the GTA be the pace car?

·
Registered
374 Posts
italcarguy said:
Who is gonna be there? If none of our customers are racing, I'll drive up and watch on Sunday. Maybe they'll let the GTA be the pace car?
I'll be there, Anthony. I hope there's an Alfa Cup.

Jorge
73 GTV class B

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
"Novice Drivers"

Time Trials is for those who have some track experience. First timers are usualy not allowed.
And your car must be prepared accordingly to participate.
We do have the lunchtime Intro Session in a "lead - follow" deal. Also included is some classroom time. You get about 30 minutes of moderate speed track time on Sat and Sun, but you only have to have a car with 4 wheels and a helmet, and a couple of bucks.
So, what track experience do you have????

·
Registered
913 Posts
inhistoryclass said:
What is the policy on people who havent yet attended the driving schools at the streets of willow. Are they still allowed to participate in this event.
You drove at the Fontana event this year didn't you? So signup for Willow and come have fun. Just remember to go to the Novice classes.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've attached the event mailer for anyone who didn't get it via snail mail. I'll try to get it posted on the AROSC website but I'm afraid it's still a mess so I may fail.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
yeh, i went to the fontana have been to 2 schools so far. I was actually asking because a freind of mine has been interested in the club for a while and just got a new car.Now he wants to start coming to events too. A b16 civic, its fun.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
If he has no track experience, like you have, then I think he is ready to try an Intro Session at Willow. Too bad you won't have your License for a couple more events, then you could take him along as a passenger.
Now you will get a try at High Speed. A little faster than the Streets and Fontana.

See you at the track.

·
Registered
913 Posts
sidewaysalfa said:
Now you will get a try at High Speed. A little faster than the Streets and Fontana.

See you at the track.
Paul's right about high speeds at Big Willow. The pucker factor in turn-9 is very noticeable the first time you try to do it "at speed". It's a good idea to build up to this one slowly, maybe even get an instructor to show you the way around. Believe me, turn-9 gets everyone's undivided attention, but I'm sure they'll tell you all about it in Novice Class.

·
Registered
374 Posts
sidewaysalfa said:
If he has no track experience, like you have, then I think he is ready to try an Intro Session at Willow. Too bad you won't have your License for a couple more events, then you could take him along as a passenger.
<snip>
See you at the track.
Paul
I was under the impression that only instructors are allowed to take "student" passengers at WSIR. Not just licensed TT drivers, taking friends for a joy ride. :(

JM

·
Registered
913 Posts
Jorge Mazlumian said:
Paul
I was under the impression that only instructors are allowed to take "student" passengers at WSIR. Not just licensed TT drivers, taking friends for a joy ride. :(

JM
We were of the same impression as you for quite some time. However, we were misinterpreting the rule. It is true that "joy rides" are not acceptable. However, an AROSC TT licensed driver can take a passenger out for instructional purposes. This assumes the passenger signs a release, meets all the age, etc., requirements that a TT driver would have to meet, is warring all the proper clothing and safety gear, including a 5-point harness in the passenger seat.

This is the case for Willow and, as far as I know, all the other tracks we normally visit. If the Event Director got the impression that someone was "joy riding", I would expect to see the offending car pulled off the track. That's a judgment call the Event Director would have to make.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts