Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I didn't thin that I'd ever see the day that I'd install the door cards. /the cards have been sitting in my basenment for 20 years and have now finally seen the light of day.

I started by making a template for the visqueen from newspaper, then I transferred the pattern to a sheet of visqueen and cut them out. I offered the first one up to the door and used blue tape to align. Once that was done, I used electrical tape to secure the visqueen to the door. I made careful cuts around the door latch and window regulator shafts.

The round foam pad is needed to keep the card flush.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Although the door cards were fashioned after the originals, I still had to drill new holes for the four screws that secure the bottom. The rest of the bits went on fairly easily.

I know this is old hat to most every spider restorer, but it's an important milestone for me. I'm a little closer to the being finished.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Waiting for the day you finish my friend. You have been at it longer then I have, but the quality of your restoration far out-classes mine.

I am a little worried about finishing mine, I have really enjoyed the process. I'm thinking about finishing up and starting on a GTV!


Marcos
 

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
Joined
·
1,989 Posts
Those look fantastic. I'm partway through installing plastic on my Berlina doors, I was shocked to find I didn't have any in rainy Portland. Ugh.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top