Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Out of the office!
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I didn't thin that I'd ever see the day that I'd install the door cards. /the cards have been sitting in my basenment for 20 years and have now finally seen the light of day.

I started by making a template for the visqueen from newspaper, then I transferred the pattern to a sheet of visqueen and cut them out. I offered the first one up to the door and used blue tape to align. Once that was done, I used electrical tape to secure the visqueen to the door. I made careful cuts around the door latch and window regulator shafts.

The round foam pad is needed to keep the card flush.

Attachments

·
Out of the office!
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Although the door cards were fashioned after the originals, I still had to drill new holes for the four screws that secure the bottom. The rest of the bits went on fairly easily.

I know this is old hat to most every spider restorer, but it's an important milestone for me. I'm a little closer to the being finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Waiting for the day you finish my friend. You have been at it longer then I have, but the quality of your restoration far out-classes mine.

I am a little worried about finishing mine, I have really enjoyed the process. I'm thinking about finishing up and starting on a GTV!

Marcos

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Those look fantastic. I'm partway through installing plastic on my Berlina doors, I was shocked to find I didn't have any in rainy Portland. Ugh.

·
Out of the office!
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts