Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 55 Sprint column shift project is missing the steering column clamp that secures the reverse light switch in the engine compartment. The parts manual lists this piece as 1365.76.704. I have a picture that shows this piece partially, and looks to be something that could easily be fabricated. If any member can help with additional photos and dimensions it would be a great help and much appreciated. Of course, I would be very happy to purchase your part if someone has one available. I can be contacted directly at: [email protected], thanks for any assistance.

Vern in Oregon

·
Administrator
4,067 Posts
Hi Vern

I sourced one out of Italy earlier this year for 05262, will snap a pic or two for you, the clamp is easy to make, the switch somewhat less so.

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greig,

I just also heard from fellow BB member GTD, George said he also had one that was being shipped to you at some future date. He is going to also forward pictures and measurements. It looks to be fairly simple to replicate if all views are available and with a few basic reference dimensions. Thanks for the assist, and happy holidays.

Vern i

·
Administrator
4,067 Posts
Vern - check your inbox, We're sorting the details out behind the scene

Ciao
Greig

·
Administrator
4,067 Posts
To those reading this thread who are curious...

One of those quirky things with early Sprints, the tunnel case tranny has no reverse light switch, so the floor shift tunnel box cars have amber / red amber tail lights, while the column shift cars have a reverse light switch mounted on the steering column just above the steering box where the shifter mechanism can depress it when reverse is selected, so have amber / red / white tail lights.

And there's your bit of 750 trivia for today !!

Ciao
Greig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts