Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...

Having been plesantly surprised by the number of 75's I've seen over the last few days (including finding another 3.0 V6!) I've been reminded just how few of these beautiful cars there are on the road...

I've been considering starting a register for all of the variants here and was wondering if there was any interest from the other members...I've seen that there are a number of new owners popping up on the board who are looking for help and thought that this might be a way for us to support each other. My other half will quite gladly tell you how much time that I spend finding parts for my baby so I know that others will be having the same amount of trouble with so few of them being imported!...

Let me know what you think

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
This sounds like a plan! :D
As someone relatively new to Alfa's (especially the V6 75), any usefull information about part suppliers that can be organised into 1 thread is a great idea in my opinion.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well I have a red 1988 TS in ratty external condition. I gently parked it in a farmer's paddock once after delicately removing a fence post at 100kph backwards, the rear of the car got tweaked slightly creasing one of the side panels :mad: Radiator support isn't the straightest either! :p

Otherwise I have fully overhauled engine and gearbox and repainted engine bay. Interior is tidy. Just need to fab an AC hose and I can have that filled.

Thought I had a crack in my thermostat as I've been chasing a water leak. Crack checked it at work and it appears that it is just a hose sealing issues, I think one hose (the $$$ looking formed one) is going porous.

Currently the only part I need is a heater tap under the dash. My second has failed. Anyone? I got the last one from Italian Autos. I had to convince them to sell it!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good idea mike

Its nice seeing older alfas on the road , saw a mint series 2 33 on the way to albany this morning

Richard I came cross your website the other day and was curious if you were the red 75 that used to make its way along mt albert road going to unitech a couple of months ago ?

If anyone has a spare twinspark badge for the back my 7 has fallen off let me know :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone has a spare twinspark badge for the back my 7 has fallen off let me know :eek:
Nick...Good to see you got yourself a 75...Why don't you just take the rest of the badge off and let everyone scratch their heads ;)

NZAlfa75 said:
Currently the only part I need is a heater tap under the dash
Richard...I'll ask around and see what I can unearth for you...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Richard I came cross your website the other day and was curious if you were the red 75 that used to make its way along mt albert road going to unitech a couple of months ago ?
Must update the site one day! Used o update it a lot, until I got an Alfa I guess!!! Time went out the window...

Unlikely to be me up that way, I haunt the airport-Mangere Bridge area. Don't use the Alfa much on weekends as the GF doesn't like the way it smells. Must fix that water leak! :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
This Is Mine

I thought it was quite a steal for $850, lol

Clutch ended up costing just under the grand to rebuild. Didn't think that was to bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Didn't think that was a bad price either.

I noticed the front bumper a bit low on one side. There is a metal bracket with two bolts (into the chassis) either side. The bumper itself has one bolt either side into the fender. Look up from below. The bumper is easily removed and I imagine you may just need to tweak these metal brackets.

·
Registered
102 Posts
thealfamale, nah not really, may have a couple when the 124 was tidy, Getting a bit rough around the edges now. Been engineless for a couple years now thats why its sitting up in the air. Had a 150+ hp 2ltr in it for a bit until i got ideas of grandure and not satisfied how it went. Getting a 3ltr alfa v6 stuffed into it real soon. Got to pick the engine up from nelson way. Hopefully next work trip up there.

Genius the bumper on my 75 is cracked in the middle. The car had a little old lady run down the side of it. Thats why there is primed door and guard and out of align bumper, gotta get a bit of time to take it off get it plastic welded up and like you said straighten the mounts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah same place, clutch was $430 i think by itself, a grand was the whole job , labor, oil sender, flywheel machining and a couple of other small things

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ouch...that hurts...

I've been lucky enough to have been given a couple of clutches...I kept one and have that rebuilt before things get bad enough for me to need to change things...It saves a huge amount of time doing it that way...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts