Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Really nice photos! I like the 'spread' of Alfas you have there.

We have an almost identical GTV (to the one in the first photo) here in Hampton Roads area...it's dark blue with no bumpers, Panasport 15X7 wheels with 205/50-15 tires, a hot-rod engine (too much to list here!), lowered sport suspension, a custom interior and drilled and slotted brakes. That's one mean-machine!

But...where's Sarah and her beautiful Spider?

Thanks for sharing:D

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Very confrontational Kai. "Imitation GTV?" Does a 64 import (far more rare than a 67) with veloce cams and twin webers qualify as imitation? Or is it more important to have a faux wood grain dash and three chrome strips on the grill? Alfas, son, are about driving. When you come to NY, you're welcome to drive my "imitation" GTV and you can decide for yourself.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Who has the very clean Niki Lauda 78 Spider? Does anyone know what if anything internally differed from the regular 78? Nice group of cars. The GTV is extremely sharp.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
203 Posts
I know the beautiful white one is a '79 Same year as mine. That's Danny's car and he just got a nice new paint job too!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
generaljimt said:
Very confrontational Kai. "Imitation GTV?" Does a 64 import (far more rare than a 67) with veloce cams and twin webers qualify as imitation? Or is it more important to have a faux wood grain dash and three chrome strips on the grill? Alfas, son, are about driving. When you come to NY, you're welcome to drive my "imitation" GTV and you can decide for yourself.
Loosen up Gen. :) I was only poking fun. You have certainly slung enough to have gotten under people's skin. You can dish it out but can't take it?

I know Alfas are about the driving. When referring to older Alfas though, IMO authenticity is important. If I drop a 2-liter in my GTV I would be adding to its prowess yet taking away from its authenticity. I personally would not add emblems to make it look like another model. But that's must me.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Regarding loosen up and dishing but not taking, review my posts and you'll notice that I never dished out anything personal to anyone. Any comments that were negative were always aimed at BMW and perhaps their owners. In addition, I had to point out to Etceterini that a true Alfisti is not picking a Korean toaster over an Alfa that is in immaculate condition. And finally, I must reiterate that my car has the original and correct 1600cc engine and drivetrain (albeit rebuilt). I agree that dropping a 2 liter in should be reserved for race cars and not for driving classics, which is what I think most of us aspire to. And lastly, lastly, I'm sure that you'll notice that never have I once pointed out the weaknesses of your car to you, with the exception of the Ford "Galaxy" antenna, which you initially pointed out. So, in conclusion, the general is filled only with love for mankind and all other alfisti and is secure enough with himself and his Alfa's to be complementary and to wish nothing but peace and love for the entire Alfa world. I'll accept your apology in advance and ask that we only belittle the weenie 3 series of the world.

·
Registered
484 Posts
By the way, the beautiful Blue GTV belongs to a local and national board of director, GT. In addition, GT has a Milano Verde (in red, equally stunning).

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
General,

I beg to differ with you on not getting personal with others. It sure seemed that the Doc took the Hyundai bashing personally. I also participated, to a degree. And I seem to recall someone getting quite upset at constantly having their spelling corrected. Btw, it's a Ford Galaxie, not galaxy. Go ahead and point out the weaknesses of my GTV. I have already mentioned them. With that said, I digress.

I apologize Gen. I did not intend to hurt your feelings. I only wanted to poke fun, as you and I have done in the past.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You see, even the general has an insecure side. Maybe I over-reacted, will take it in stride in the future. On a different note, thanks to our new member Daso, I've begun to infiltrate the dtmpower site for BMW's and I'm filling it with Alfa propaganda. Notice to all Alfa bb posters, DO THE SAME!!!!!!! Should make for some fun ranting. Ooops, there I go again!!!!!!! Doesn't Ford know how to spell Galaxy????

·
Registered
203 Posts
XFT The NYAROC has a weekly breakfast on long island and there we dish out all the good gossip over eggs and bacon.

AROCNY ALFISTI BREAKFAST
Sunday, July 27th @ 8:00am
Seacrest Diner, Mineola
Glen Cove Rd. @ Jericho Turnpike (Rt.25)

the General can give you more info if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts