Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
You need a 2000 engine manual

Franco,
Page one is from Glenn's manual and it covers the Giulietta, Giulia, 2000 and 2600. The second sheet is from the two liter manual for engine and transmission. Since the two liter engine is basically the same block as a 1900 and they can use the same head gaskets (in fact first 435 are 1308 blocks), I believe you can use the same specs on 1900. Jay

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,595 Posts
The 2000 torque settings are listed in the factory engine overhaul manual, spread throughout the step-by-step instructions for overhaul with engine removed.

·
Push hard and live
9,595 Posts
Ah. Given that the steel oil pan is deformable, and it usually uses a cork gasket, one does not really use a torque to tighten the bolts. Torque is really a meaningful concept only when tightening a fastener up toward its plastic limit. In the case of a deformable material (such as a wooden propeller) one tightens to a concept called TFAR. This stands for "that feels about right".

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Don and All,

The former owner of my engine oilpan used to much torque and deformed the oilpan

I am going to use a cork gasket and will give it hand feeling torque so the new steel oilpan will not deforme

rgds Franco

·
Push hard and live
9,595 Posts
I trust you have done some work to straighten the deformed areas of the pan?

I got a pan gasket from AFRA a while ago that was the best I've had. Not cork, but a somewhat squishy material that would accommodate some imperfections in the pan sealing surface. As much as I dislike silicone sealers, this is a good place to use it, I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts