Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Andrew,

Is this not the car that you have been discussing rear end issues with the owner in another thread???

Is the car all "tricked up" or is it suitable for everyday use ?:confused:

·
Premium Member
21,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it was me. The "Nuova" with the Nuova grille and Berlina taillights was beige, first in Nevada, now in NY, and a Super, not a Nuova. Maybe you mean that car? This car has been discussed, but I don't think I've had a conversation with the owner/seller.

Andrew

·
Registered
692 Posts
Andrew, I am speaking of thread entitled "upgrading my 76 super nuova performance" in sedan section. is it not the same car for sale, seems he has some unresolved issues with car??

·
Registered
108 Posts
A person went and looked at it, earlier this year. he said it was a disaster with rust and everything else. He did not even drive the car. I heard from previous threads the seller is a kid and a player, he advised not to deal with him.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thanks Mr. Forza, I thought I was getting bad feelings about that car.

·
Premium Member
21,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In looking at the pics that the seller links to from ebay now, there's nothing about the car that obviously makes me nervous; it looks pretty good. More/better pictures of the underside would be helpful. Not crazy about the steering wheel. If I earlier had specific issues with the car, I don't remember what they were any longer.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
There is quite a bit of discussion surrounding this car on the BB but not much specifically about the car itself. Search the BB. It seems the owner has been hot and cold about selling it in the past which drew the ire of some folks. Not seen anything negative about the car itself though.

The auction and the pictures seem to suggest this is a pretty clean car. He does state that there are some rust bubbles but does not show any pictures of them.

I am curious what the guy saw specifically when he looked at the car that would characterize it as a disaster.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is exact his words regarding this Giulia Nuova. I am not making anything up.

Greetings: Thank you for the heads-up. I expended considerable resources today in the form of time, gasoline, and traffic aggravation, to view the Gulia in person.

I could have broken down in tears, it was so bad. Approaching from the rear it was clear that all 4 doors had undergone considerable restoration, and poorly done at that. The surface of the front passenger door was actually cracking open - and that was not seen on the ebay photos. I can only assume they are older pics.

I was greeted by an older gent, Alberto, who I assume is the owner. He had the nerve to tell me that he had a $11,000 offer. I wished him good luck and did not bother to have him open the car up for further inspection.

There is quite a bit of discussion surrounding this car on the BB but not much specifically about the car itself. Search the BB. It seems the owner has been hot and cold about selling it in the past which drew the ire of some folks. Not seen anything negative about the car itself though.

The auction and the pictures seem to suggest this is a pretty clean car. He does state that there are some rust bubbles but does not show any pictures of them.

I am curious what the guy saw specifically when he looked at the car that would characterize it as a disaster.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Yikes!
Thanks for the update - IMHO this car was grossly misrepresented and at a minimum the person who won the auction should be able to back out. Clearly it was implied that this car was in top condition with the exception of a few noted defects. This is why I would never buy a "restored" car without seeing it in person and knowing the history of the restoration process.

So much is made on this forum about buying "the best car you can afford" because it is so much cheaper than restoring it yourself. This is an example of the dark side of that position. Nobody want to consider the risk factor and the cost of misjudging the car.

I feel badly for the person that won this auction. I know and agree that on eBay (as with most places) it is buyer beware but when someone obviously misrepresents a car to this extent I just have to wonder how the guy can sleep at night...

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Wow, these photos can really deceive! It photographs pretty good. Too bad about the close up inspection, If I were on that side of the map I'd be temped to check it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts