Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Simply NOT true. There was no such thing as a "family" membership in 1958. The club was a group of guys helping each other service their Alfas. "Family" had nothing to do with the club. In 1958 no one knew our cars and we had no where to turn for service. Read the history of the AROC and how it came to be. Read the stated purpose: the primary service of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club is to disseminate technical information.

You are not scaring or fooling anyone. On Jan 30 2006 the Superior Court of California for the County of Orange filed a Judgment for Permanent Injunction and Damages in favor of Philippe Olczyk against Stuart Schaller. The plaintiff was awarded general damages of $200,000 and exemplary damages of $100,000. To avoid the judgment you fled from CA to UT and now you are in Portland, OR. You changed your location on the BB to "somewhere over the rainbow" to hide from Olczyk. If he can't find you, he can't exercise the judgment. If you had the upper hand, you wouldn't be hiding.
On Olczyk's website he posted the initial results of his lawsuit but also listed the judgement as being against my wife too. Part of my lawsuit against him is the fact that my wife was not involved in any manner. I have requested he remove my wife's name, but he has done nothing about it...defaming my wife's character without any reason whatsoever!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Although I was unable to attend the convention, I understand that AROO did a terrific job in organizing said convention, and to do so required a tremendous effort by the AROO membership. How sad it is that one individual could have caused so much turmoil, that in turn placed unnecessary burdens on the already, I am sure, overworked organizers.

I have been a member of AROC for 23 years, have attended several conventions, and I have never heard of anything like this happening before. Can Mr. Schaller be banned from attending future AROC events?
The AROO did do a terrific job, and went out of their way to make sure we had fun. For example, I have never had any interest in rallies, but the AROO is well known for being one of the few chapters with very accomplished Rally Masters. Hence, I participated in the TSD rally series. It was very clear that if the many AROO members who organized and worked the rallies, putting on the Rally school, manning the checkpoints, scoring the events, etc. had decided to participate, they would have walked away with every award. Instead, they worked and guided us, so we got to truly enjoy the series and got the awards!

Convention participants are some of the nicest and most interesting people you can meet. My wife had no interest in attending conventions, but now will not miss one, precisely because she gets to meet great people, who create a truly fun and memorable experience. No one pulls the kind of shenanigans that this one character pulled, and to answer your question: yes, of course... (I'll send you a PM.)

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
...so I am more than willing never to attend an AREOC event ever again. I still want the problems I have with the amount of money I payed for being a vendor at the concours and for paying for the model car contest settled before I do anything more, however...and I WILL take legal action against AROO and AROC if the are not within the next 7 days! NOT a threat, but a promise!
So you are threatening to take legal action against the organizing chapter (AROO) and the national organization (AROC) for being charged the published convention fees, as a result of the organizers finding out that you participated in activities for which you did not register and did not pay the published fee until confronted by the registrar?

Best regards,

·
Registered
42 Posts
... I was one of the VERY early members, first joining the old Chicago Chapter in 1958!!
Oh, really? So you were born on October 18, 1947 and in 1958 you joined the old Chicago Chapter, when you were 11 years old? :rolleyes: I can tell you have a real background in applied mathematics! :p
Actually, it was my father that joined...with a "family" membership
Simply NOT true. There was no such thing as a "family" membership in 1958. The club was a group of guys helping each other service their Alfas. "Family" had nothing to do with the club. In 1958 no one knew our cars and we had no where to turn for service. Read the history of the AROC and how it came to be. Read the stated purpose: the primary service of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club is to disseminate technical information.
I noticed that you got caught in a lie by Zunige's question. You modified your claim. Then I caught you in a lie with your modified answer. You have commented on everything but, the statement that was challenged. Do you know what the word "truthful" means? No, sure you don't, you are still working on the "D"s. You are stuck on "deformation" with no hope of getting to the "T"s. :p

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Its looking more and more to me like a serious health issue is at work here. I wonder if it isn't best to stand back and let professionals deal with it. Also some on AROC and the bb may want to consider a restraint order and pray for a speedy recovery, however unlikely that appears.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Phud Phud Phud

Dude says, "I have requested he remove my wife's name, but he has done nothing about it...defaming my wife's character without any reason whatsoever!"

I'm sure your wife is a delightful person to be with, unlike the woman I saw at the convention registration desk after the first tour, haranguing the helpless but concerned volunteer registration worker about the lunch she and her husband (a pudgy, yeasty-faced guy who was also complaining) got that day. The woman had an English accent and was saying that, "In her country, people would never dare to treat her like that," or words to that effect. No idea who she was, but she was being so nasty to the desk worker, I nearly intervened to say that if they were so unhappy about the lunch they got, they could bite me. And see what happened.

See, I'm normally a really easy guy to get along with. Really easy. Never done anything like this, and probably never will again. But when some jerk is attacking my friends, or any people who have manifestly good intentions from good hearts and are working so hard for the common good, it taps into memories of exploitation I witnessed in Vietnam and as a photojournalist another 16 years around Asia, much of it by citizens of impotent former colonial powers attempting to continue the cycle of domination. They were such losers there, and here. I will not tolerate that.

By continuing your fantastical, preposterous attacks and threats, I think you hope to steal the memories and feelings we carry from what was overall, a marvelous convention. You need to steal that from us? Is that what gratifies you? Makes you feel important, like that "Prof. Emeritus, Phud Phud Phud" fabrication, does it? Seems kind of like a blow fly being the focus of attention at a picnic, unable to conceive that it is known for what it is, and that it is being shown the back of a hand, rapidly descending.

Actually, in a less laid-back city than Portland, with volunteers of less excellence, in a population less accommodating and welcoming than the vast majority of AROO/AROC attendees, I know of several incidents that would have resulted in certain people being shown the door and told to stay away. You blather on about rejoining AROC, though again you insist that they make some special agreement with you, and that would imply that you may attempt to affiliate with AROO, since apparently you live in the Portland neighborhood of Lents. Now wouldn't that be something. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend it, but that's rational advice, something you seem unable to process.

Had they seen him, the hotel could easily have called the police on whoever that uncouth lout who was seen stuffing his face at the $26-for-everyone-else seafood buffet, and throwing crayfish tails in the floor. No b.s., just hand cuffs and a back seat ride to join his true peers in the clink. I wish they had; glad that wasn't you, dude.

I'm done with you. But should you try to insinuate yourself into any further AROO events, I will not have forgotten.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So you are threatening to take legal action against the organizing chapter (AROO) and the national organization (AROC) for being charged the published convention fees, as a result of the organizers finding out that you participated in activities for which you did not register and did not pay the published fee until confronted by the registrar?

Best regards,
Nope, there is NOTHING ANYWHERE about there being a $200 fee for vendors at the concours; only for the vendor room, and it wasn't mentioned at all in any of the e-mails up and back between Neil and myself before the event. I am willing to split the difference and get $100 of the $200 I paid back.

The only thing that was clear was that the swap meet at the race track would be free.

The models show was supposed to be SEPERATE EVENT from the art show, and was NOT judged as such. I simply want the $20 entry fee I paid back, or some sort of award.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Dude says, "I have requested he remove my wife's name, but he has done nothing about it...defaming my wife's character without any reason whatsoever!"

I'm sure your wife is a delightful person to be with, unlike the woman I saw at the convention registration desk after the first tour, haranguing the helpless but concerned volunteer registration worker about the lunch she and her husband (a pudgy, yeasty-faced guy who was also complaining) got that day. The woman had an English accent and was saying that, "In her country, people would never dare to treat her like that," or words to that effect. No idea who she was, but she was being so nasty to the desk worker, I nearly intervened to say that if they were so unhappy about the lunch they got, they could bite me. And see what happened.

See, I'm normally a really easy guy to get along with. Really easy. Never done anything like this, and probably never will again. But when some jerk is attacking my friends, or any people who have manifestly good intentions from good hearts and are working so hard for the common good, it taps into memories of exploitation I witnessed in Vietnam and as a photojournalist another 16 years around Asia, much of it by citizens of impotent former colonial powers attempting to continue the cycle of domination. They were such losers there, and here. I will not tolerate that.

By continuing your fantastical, preposterous attacks and threats, I think you hope to steal the memories and feelings we carry from what was overall, a marvelous convention. You need to steal that from us? Is that what gratifies you? Makes you feel important, like that "Prof. Emeritus, Phud Phud Phud" fabrication, does it? Seems kind of like a blow fly being the focus of attention at a picnic, unable to conceive that it is known for what it is, and that it is being shown the back of a hand, rapidly descending.

Actually, in a less laid-back city than Portland, with volunteers of less excellence, in a population less accommodating and welcoming than the vast majority of AROO/AROC attendees, I know of several incidents that would have resulted in certain people being shown the door and told to stay away. You blather on about rejoining AROC, though again you insist that they make some special agreement with you, and that would imply that you may attempt to affiliate with AROO, since apparently you live in the Portland neighborhood of Lents. Now wouldn't that be something. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend it, but that's rational advice, something you seem unable to process.

Had they seen him, the hotel could easily have called the police on whoever that uncouth lout who was seen stuffing his face at the $26-for-everyone-else seafood buffet, and throwing crayfish tails in the floor. No b.s., just hand cuffs and a back seat ride to join his true peers in the clink. I wish they had; glad that wasn't you, dude.

I'm done with you. But should you try to insinuate yourself into any further AROO events, I will not have forgotten.
I have NO desire or intention to ever go to any AROO event again, but I DO want my $20 model show entry fee back or an award, and I also want at least half of the $200 I paid for being a vendor at the concours back, as I was told the only vendor fee would be if I purchsed a space in the vendor room. I also have no intention at this point to become a momber of AROC unless they give me a written contact stating I will be paid for articles I write for the Owner. Years I ago I wrote MANY articles and didn't get paid a cent...in effect, AROC actually owes me about $2500 for articles I wrote in the period of circa 1978 to circa 1994.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Let's bury the Sord

Hey, people......I think this broo haha simmering over something that happened in 1947, 1958, 1997, 1997, 2006, 25 years ago and even last month is absolutely shameless. I went to collage too and can't remember my first blue book exam or the correct order of the periodic tables...I faintly recall the Iron Oxide cimbal as Ru for Rust. I do member doing Janet under the lab table when we did the highly explosive combination of dried ice in a beaker of water. It was a perfect smoak screen to our discovery of the meaning of life.

Anyway, back to the thread....I think we need to give Stu a little slack and a nod for maybe poor judgemint. I think we've all been in his shoes. Maybe after each of youse guys read the website attached in full youse will have a better depreciation for where he is coming from. If you have trouble comprehending the depth of the site, I resemble you. Many thanks for your listening to just a reglar cup of coffey in the world of latttie. Rick
Pet Reader - Patricia Schaller, Portland, Oregon based Pet Psychic

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Nope, there is NOTHING ANYWHERE about there being a $200 fee for vendors at the concours; only for the vendor room, and it wasn't mentioned at all in any of the e-mails up and back between Neil and myself before the event. I am willing to split the difference and get $100 of the $200 I paid back.

I have NO desire or intention to ever go to any AROO event again, but I DO want my $20 model show entry fee back or an award, and I also want at least half of the $200 I paid for being a vendor at the concours back, as I was told the only vendor fee would be if I purchsed a space in the vendor room.
But you repeat yourself and each time it makes no more logical sence than last time you sputter and spout it. Wake up man. You don't mind paying after the fact for your mistaken use of the Tonkin bus, but you decline the same mistaken use of the Concourse? Likewise at a brunch or two. You are a total contradiction from one end to the other. If nothing is said about vendors, what makes you think it was something you could simply invent and do? I could be wrong, but I believe sponsors and not vendors were invited to use commercial space at the concours. Then again, I would logically assume it was not a general offering, thus not mentioned. Do you always just move in? Please don't set up in my driveway, just to make that clear! I know its all about you, but you are not to ever take up residence in my garage, pump house or living room either. GEEZ!

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hey, people......I think this broo haha simmering over something that happened in 1947, 1958, 1997, 1997, 2006, 25years ago and even last month is absolutely shameless.

I went to collage too and can't remember my first blue book exam or the correct order of the periodic tables...I faintly recall the Iron Oxide symbol as Ru for Rust. I do member doing Janet under the lab table when we did the highly explosive combination of dried ice in a beaker of water. It was a perfect smoke screen to our discovery of the meaning of life.

Anyway, back to the thread....I think we need to give Stu a little slack and a nod for maybe poor judgement. I think we've all been in his shoes.

Maybe after reading what is on the website, you will have a better appreciation for where he is coming from.

If you have trouble comprehending the depth of the site, I resemble you.

Many thanks for your listening to just a regular cup of coffee in the world of latte.

Rick

Pet Reader - Patricia Schaller, Portland, Oregon based Pet Psychic
Thanks for the promotion of my wife's website...but I am afraid too many people just don't get what my wife and I try and do with our lives.

PS: I attempted to correct your grammar and spelling :p

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
But you repeat yourself and each time it makes no more logical sence than last time you sputter and spout it. Wake up man. You don't mind paying after the fact for your mistaken use of the Tonkin bus, but you decline the same mistaken use of the Concourse? Likewise at a brunch or two.

You are a total contradiction from one end to the other. If nothing is said about vendors, what makes you think it was something you could simply invent and do? I could be wrong, but I believe sponsors and not vendors were invited to use commercial space at the concours. Then again, I would logically assume it was not a general offering, thus not mentioned.

Do you always just move in? Please don't set up in my driveway, just to make that clear! I know its all about you, but you are not to ever take up residence in my garage, pump house or living room either. GEEZ!
Maybe you just don't understand the law. The concours was a PUBLIC EVENT, and anyone has the right to do what they want at a public event, as long as it doesn't violate the law!

It is MY LEGAL CHOICE to "move in" or not at ANY public event!!! Your driveway is NOT a public place, hence you would have every right to have me arrested if I set up there.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Thanks for the promotion of my wife's website...but I am afraid too many people just don't get what my wife and I try and do with our lives.

PS: I attempted to correct your grammar and spelling :p
I swear, you are more thoreau than Clark Griswold...thanks for helping me set the record strate. God bless you, docter

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Maybe you just don't understand the law. The concours was a PUBLIC EVENT, and anyone has the right to do what they want at a public event, as long as it doesn't violate the law!

It is MY LEGAL CHOICE to "move in" or not at ANY public event!!! Your driveway is NOT a public place, hence you would have every right to have me arrested if I set up there.
Dead wrong. The event did not take place on public property with unrestricted access. The cars had to be registered and so did the vendors.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts

The only reason I am "quoting" this post is so that you can't go back and modify it... How incredible it is to read that someone who professes to have three PhDs, from Cambridge nonetheless, could think that anyone has a legal right "to do what they want" or "move in", not to mention to set oneself as a vendor... I would love to see you explain this to a judge. :p

Time to leave "stupid is as stupid does" alone...

Best regards,

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why do we continue to waste time debating with Stu?

It is summer, and we should all be playing with our cars and projects. Or with our families, friends, and extended circles of friends. Life is too short to spend it dealing with those who complicate our lives.

Stu received the car that I was instructed to hold until his check cleared. Now that the transaction is over, I have no expectations to encounter or interact with him, as our paths will unlikely cross again.

Time to press the ignore button, online and in person.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts