Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1992 spider S4
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reading only 9.5 volts on my batery, and I am guessing that is the next thing to put in there...I s there anything I should be aware of on this 92 spider, before during or after changing? it has eletric fuel injection, for instance, is there anything that would need to be reset? also, my mirrors do not operate, could that be the low batery condition? I hate electrical issues in cars. they are the hardest to fix...anyway, thanks again to anyone that feels like chiming in....I wonder if my battery charger is any good...

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
It's a straight forward swap; nothing to reset in the injection. The clock and radio come to mind though.
For valid electrical test results, the battery should be fully charged. I'd address the battery issue first, then go to the mirrors.

·
1992 spider S4
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just put in a new battery, guy in autoparts said dead cell, he had this fancy meter....I guess I needed a new battery, so now I won't have to worry about that...I am wondering about my charger. I would think it would put out more than 11 v...if the altinator puts out 13-14...btw, I think I am getting 13.5 at idle....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts