Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is that time of year again. The Best of France and Italy Car Show.
Sunday Nov. 6. 9am till the afternoon. At Woodley Park in Van Nuys, near the intersection of the 405 and 101 freeways. The southeast corner of Victory and Woodley. Enter on Woodley.
It is one of the highlights of our Alfa Club Calendar. Low pressure, no need to have a concours quality Alfa, Fiat or other Italian or French car. You just need an Italian or French car.
There is a vendor area, swap meet area and food vendors. There are some interesting Frencn and other Italian cars. We just need you.
AROSC has a concourse as part of the event so if you are so inclined enter your Alfa Romeo. People like me just wash and wax our cars and show up.
We got over 170 Alfa Romeos to show up last year and park on the lawn.
That ment that many of us brought more than one car.
Pack a picnic lunch or buy something to eat at the event.
Registration is at: The Best of France and Italy - SUNDAY, November 6, 2011
Alfa Club details are at: http://arosc.org/info/2011/WoodleyPark_nov2011.pdf

·
Registered
831 Posts
As I said in the other thread on this subject:

I've been a few times and it's a fun time with lots of neat Italian cars. I'll be there again this year, but not as a spectator. My girl friend bought a new 2012 Fiat 500 (today) and will be showing it. My Dad says he wants to show both of his Alfa's as well. So I'll be helping both of them as needed.

As always, I'll bring my camera and take lots of pictures.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
This would be my first time to bring my GTV to a gathering (other than Cars and Coffee)
What time should I get there?
Can't seem to find any info on their website other than the even is from 9am to 4pm.
And I guess there will be people guiding me to where to park depends on the car model, etc?

See you guys there!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Hi alfa-chan,

You can get there whenever you want, there is always room to park. Most people get there before 10AM. Don't wait to late as some people leave early and you don't want to miss the more exotic stuff! There is a small parking lot on the east side of Woodley Ave. Pull in there and follow the line of cars to the check in line. There are people that will guide you to the ALFA section. This is a great show, hope to see you there.

·
Registered
831 Posts
This would be my first time to bring my GTV to a gathering (other than Cars and Coffee)
What time should I get there?
Can't seem to find any info on their website other than the even is from 9am to 4pm.
And I guess there will be people guiding me to where to park depends on the car model, etc?

See you guys there!
Yes, that's correct. Cars are grouped together by make, Alfa's in this pile, Fiat's in that pile, and Ferrari's on top of the pile. Of course Alfa's and Fiat's make a much bigger pile than Ferrari's, and Ferrari's get to pile on the carpet (bad dog).

We're shooting for 8:30 or a bit earlier so we can be set-up by 9 AM.

See you there :)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
It looks like it's going to rain for sure (at least in the morning).
So is the show happening rain or shine?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I'm pretty sure the show goes on rain or shine. I've been there at least two times when it was raining early and there was still a lot of cars there. Maybe not some of the really expensive stuff until it clears up, and then they show up as well. We'll be bringing the Duetto out from Highland (near San Bernardino) whether it's raining or not. This is the biggest ALFA gathering of the year, don't miss it!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
The show is a day and a half away yet. The weather NEVER listens to the TV, it has a mind of it's own.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To help it not rain tomorrow I am not waxing either of my cars.
Just wash em and bring them out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
See you all tomorrow bright (unless its raining) and early!

·
Registered
624 Posts
It's 4:30am, the rain stopped about 15 minutes ago here in Santa Barbara. Looking at Weather Underground, it seems that the rain may hit the park soon, but it should be fairly light and will not last long.

Don't wear your good shoes!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Too far to drive ?? !!

So Greg is heading in from way out in the Inland Empire and Don is swimming in from the Central Coast.
And you are wining because you have to drive 25 miles away.
Get with it, put on some crappy shoes and come on out to Woodley Park. It will give you something to talk about in years to come.

edit: 5:45am in Chatsworth, 7 mi W of the park - light sprinkles. Weather.com shows clear sky after 7am.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Yeah, we're heading out in about 20 mins. Cloudy and dry here. I would not miss this show because of some drizzle! First chance to test my new top! See you there!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
7:25am and still drizzel in Chatsworth.
weather.com shows clearing around 8, then clear all day.
I'm packing shoes and socks.
I think my wipers work OK . . . I tested them last week when I changed the wipers, or was that my other Alfa . . . .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had good intentions today. Car waxed and packed - wife even dressed and ready to go by 8am. Rain was pretty heavy by the time we got to Seal Beach - and then the wipers decided to die. Pulled off the highway, got 'em working again, but the rain was heavy enough that we turned around and went home.

Disappointed. So how was the turnout?

DaveG
74' GTV

·
Registered
100 Posts
It was a pretty decent turn out. I think Paul said 50 Alfas or so? Probably more. There were four good rows. I stayed the night in L.A. and the rain up there stopped by 9:30am and it didn't even drizzle the rest of the time in the park. Jay Leno was there too. It was very muddy though. I actually like the look of my GTV6 covered in mud. :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts