Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 105/115 oil pan you didn't just take off a running engine, I'd make sure to take the bottom off and see what's inside. Got this 1750/2000 pan from a friend, debated about removing the bottom, sure glad I did. Nice little mouse nest there. It was 100% invisible from above, only way to see it was to remove the bottom.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,683 Posts
No doubt the mice were attracted to the maze in the batwing pan.

·
Registered
what part?
10,747 Posts
get out? how did he get in.. and glad you found it, drownding in oil would not be nice

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Several times upon reading a post here on AlfaBB regarding dealing with the aftermath of infestations of rodents I feel the need to issue a warning.
In my part of the world an automatic red flag goes up when I have to deal with the detritus of rodents in any situation- closed up houses, sheds, cars, motor homes, ...oil pans (!)
HANTAVIRUS is a real, persistent and deadly problem potentialy more lethal on a case by case basis than our current viral scourge.
IOW, if you insist on blowing mouse feces and dried urine (the source of the virus) around with your shop air supply, please wear a mask and gloves and do it in an open area if possible. There is no vaccine for this virus either, yet.
OK, I'm off my A. Fauci soap box now.

·
Premium Member
22,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Note taken. This pan sat outside for sometime in the mountains of Kern County, not attached to an engine. So easy in, easy out. I didn't use air on it when cleaning.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,824 Posts
Eh a good filter should catch all that. Right? /s

·
Premium Member
22,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The engine with that pan is now built. Hope no critters get in now!
Andrew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts