Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
I was chewing on this idea a while back myself. A t-bucket with Alfa running gear would be deliciously different! Love it!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Where did you find this?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My brother sent the pictures to me. I'll ask him the source. He is a hot rodder and lives just south of you in Louisville. I was in Bedford a few years back. Enjoyed the car museum with the granite racers out front.

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
This definitely belongs on the Alfa BB!

A hot rod like this makes sense if the builder intends to drive it; putting a 500 hp engine in a 1,500 pound car with a primitive chassis is just silly. On most of those, the driver can't see past the blower! You know cars like that will never be driven.

The Nord engine is sort of a "poor man's Offenhauser".

I recall seeing an article on a T bucket with a Nord engine several years back. It was very minimalist and the car was completed. Was it in "Alfa Owner"?

Looks like the builder still has a bit of work to do on this car - like fabricating a chassis!

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
With Alfa running gear, I think it wholly appropriate to post these pics. Any thoughts on moving this thread to, say, the Picture Room forum?

·
Registered
576 Posts
It is along the same lines as the Locost Alfa that was posted a while back. I posted on there a week or two ago to see what became of it. I would like to build a Hot Rod style T with Alfa DNA. Something that handles good and has a decent Power to weight ration. Maybe a T style chassis with a MII style front suspension, or something better than the stock style at least!

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Source - Google Jalopy Journal and search for a thread something like 'my sons 29 ford with alfa engine'.

I also recall that Al Leake had a similar rod with an Alfa engine. I saw it once in Boulder Creek, CA but I don't recall much about it.

I'll move this tomorrow to the suggested forum.

I agree that the builder has a lot to do. Notice the steering column without linkage!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Source - Google Jalopy Journal and search for a thread something like 'my sons 29 ford with alfa engine'.

I also recall that Al Leake had a similar rod with an Alfa engine. I saw it once in Boulder Creek, CA but I don't recall much about it.

I'll move this tomorrow to the suggested forum.

I agree that the builder has a lot to do. Notice the steering column without linkage!!
Cool. I spend some time on the HAMB, I guess I missed it! Thanks! I will also look for that other one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts