Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member and have tried to send a couple of PMs to people but I'm not 100% sure that these are going out. I just sent one, to two other members and immediately looked at the "Sent Items" folder and found it to be empty. My Inbox has all of the PMs I have thus far received, but there is nothing in my Sent Items folder. Is this normal? Is there any other way to verify that PMs I send are getting out, except just waiting to see of I get an answer? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Welcome to AlfaBB.

I'm not sure but I have a hunch there may be a limitation on PM capabilities for new, non-paying members to prevent spam attacks. We'll probably have to wait for Simon to chime in and clarify if this is indeed the case.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well one of my two recipients has answered meaning that the messages are going out, but nothing shows up in my "Sent Items" folder. Oh well...as long as the messages are getting out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same thing is happening for me - I get messages but I cannot send out - I have tried different platforms (Safari, Firefox all MacOS) and my iPhone - nothing works.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Well, I can send and receive message. Did those of you having problems check your settings? I think there is an option to automatically save out-going message that needs to be checked.

Go to "User CP" and then "Edit Options"

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I got your PM and replied just a moment ago. Now let's seen if "jbane" can correct his/her settings as well.

Gifford,
Looks like it worked this time, at least from my side.
Thanks for the tip - maybe that should go into FAQ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts