I've just spent the past couple hours looking over every thread on gasket sealants I could find. It's a topic where there isn't just one answer. But I'd like to get feedback on my gasket/sealant approach below. Any item stick out as a "no no"? Confirmation or critiques welcomed.
- Rear engine cover (half-moon plate): just the paper gasket
- Water pump gasket: paper + aviation sealant (permatex 80017)
- Timing cover: paper + spray gasket sealant (permatex 80065)
- Upper & lower sump: no gasket, just anaerobic sealant (permatex 51813)
- Head gasket: Reinz, viton square cut o-rings, ultra-grey at the rear water passages