Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was getting out of work and in a rush to get to the bank, well coming out of the parking lot there is a hill going down and and turns to the right and inclines as it turns, well I went down:D and and turned and up and you can pretty much figure out what happened next with the pics.:D Well bank is just going to have to wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Uhg... Looks like that caliper is not really doing much either. Ah, nothing like starting a list!

Glad this didn't do major damage to the car or you. Where in ct are you?

·
Premium Member
27,458 Posts
Rust is not very strong.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Ugh! Good thing it happened at low speed. Alfa gods were looking after you.

I suspect you are going to have to replace the shocks in front , as well as the back, as time and money allows.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea thank the Alfa Gods it was just coming out of the parking lot exit. But Im back on the road again replaced the front struts with a good pair of used ones I cant afford new ones. These used ones are really still good I was surprised!! I got them form a guy out in Oregon whos parting a 164, He sold me the whole strut with springs for a great price so I couldn't let it go. BTW I'm down here in Danbury CT right off of exit 5 pretty much close to the Airport, Mall, Marcus Dairy, and Chucks Stake House.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Danny, Happy to see you were able to find the parts. I'm around the corner from you. I'm sure we will catch up.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Glad you're back up and running. I'm right near you in Bethel. I drive by airport everyday going to work.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Looks like the fresher springs were too much for the spring perches! That caliper looks like it is seized as you have a rusty section of brake disc where the caliper isn't applying any force.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Hope those struts are not discarded as it looks to me like the problem lay with the spring perch.
I will gladly ship those discarded struts to myself.....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Looks like the fresher springs were too much for the spring perches! That caliper looks like it is seized as you have a rusty section of brake disc where the caliper isn't applying any force.
Na Mike Thats from the Car sitting for a good week waiting for the parts to arrive we had lots of rain durring that week so.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hope those struts are not discarded as it looks to me like the problem lay with the spring perch.
I will gladly ship those discarded struts to myself.....
Hey Don those struts are SHOT man no leaks but has no compression, I can compress them each with one arm so yea they are shot, but Im Going to use them for the Koni Inserts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts