Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really do love AR with a passion, and I wish I could get my hands on a Q4 but I had to become a traitor to the Alfa Comm. and buy a Subaru WRX :D

Heres it is:

Mods:
-Go fast Bits BFV
-K&N Filter
-Kumho Ecsta Tires (Currently running my Wintermasters)

Mods I dont have on:

-MRT Turbo Back Exhaust
-MRT Up-Pipe
-SPO Motorsports CF Intake Box.

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
me too

Hey me too! It seems that quite a few Alfa owners have WRXs as well. I know Joe Cabibo (Alfacentro.com) has a WRX wagon, and there are a couple people on the nasioc.com forum that have Alfas and a WRX. Nice car, BTW.

My car....

Mods so far:
-Vishnu Stage Zero (~280hp)
---catless uppipe
---lightweight underdrive pulley
---Piggyback engine management
---boost controller
---colder sparkplugs

-Kartboy short shifter & bushings
-Prodrive springs
-Whiteline Anti-lift kit
-17x7.5" Rota SDRs (steel gray metallic)
-225/45/17 Falken Azenis

Mods to come in the future:
-Stoptech brakes
-Vishnu turboback exhaust

Here's a pic of a friend and I up on Palomar Mtn after a fast run through the twisties. Mine is the Sedan.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
So Jealous!

Nice pictures (drooling). I'm a fan of the wagon! Blue wagon with some nice gold rims such as some speedlines or as those prodrives on that wagon

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Your Rota's sure do look nice, they are really popular among the Subaru community! I just bought a set of Eneki RPM2's and Sutitomo HTR+ rubber for my wrx, I was running my Ecsta's on my stock 16" rims, but I dumped those for the winte, and put my RE92's back on, then I got a flat on one of my RE92's, So I said screw it and bought some real winter tires for my stock rims, im dying to get my new rims mounted, balanced, and on my car!

I really dont want to mod my car to the fullest (for warranty reasons and reliablity). I was planning on buying a convertable for the summer, my insurance went way downhill so maybe I can own another corvette soon.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Hmm ... I missed this thread! Looks like I'll HAVE to buy an EVO VIII just to be different from LBC, Alfaracer75, and JoeCab :D

Like I told Chip, if I did buy an EVO VIII, all the US bits will be on eBay within a month of me receiving the JDM bits ... (hood, bumpers, diff)

Oh, if I somehow managed to get a 155Q4 here, do I win? :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nizam said:
Hmm ... I missed this thread! Looks like I'll HAVE to buy an EVO VIII just to be different from LBC, Alfaracer75, and JoeCab :D

Like I told Chip, if I did buy an EVO VIII, all the US bits will be on eBay within a month of me receiving the JDM bits ... (hood, bumpers, diff)

Oh, if I somehow managed to get a 155Q4 here, do I win? :D
The EvoVIII is a dissapointment to me since Subaru really kicked Mitsubishi in the nuts with the USDM STi being better than the JDM STi.

There's talk in MMC of a Ralli/////Art EvoVIII with 320+HP, and all sorts of bells and whisles for around $33,000.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah. I got a WRX too. I drove Alfas for years, ever since the mid-seventies. But as someone who can afford to run only one car, Alfas made less and less sense as time went on. No dealerships, no warranty, etc. The Subaru appealed to me for the same reasons Alfas did, excellent performance, sophisticated engineering and a fine racing heritage. Plus, ever since the orginal Audi Quattro Coupe came out I'd always wanted to own a rally special.

If Alfa brings in an all wheel drive version of the 156 successor, I'm definitely going to give it a close look.

Alfas I used to own:

1967 Giulia Super (along with the WRX my favorite all time car)
1962 Giulietta Sprint
1962 Giulietta Spider Veloce
1976 Alfetta GT
1984 GTV6
1992 164 Lusso

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alfa's and WRX's

I too own Alfa's and a WRX.

I own an Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 1974 and an Alfa Romeo Milano Platinum, 1987. I also own a 2002 WRX sedan that I take to rally cross races.

I am the VP of the AROSC club, and I am putting on a 4 race series this summer in Frazier Park for Rally Cross. I guess that makes me a true car nut!

Bill Carson

·
Registered
136 Posts
I hear nice things about the WRX. It almost keeps up with my VR4. How does it handle at high speeds, say in the range of 130 - 165 miles per hour? Although my VR4 is a '94 and has over 150k on the clock, it runs like new. At over 4k pounds, it feels solid at high speeds.

By the way, if you guys want to experience no speed limit driving take a trip to Rosarito. Past TJ it is pedal to the metal all the way! Don't wory about the jura, a Benjamin or two can correct any problem.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Hi,

The EJ20 is more powerful than the 4G63T, so when you say "almost keeps up" with a VR4 do you mean in handling? Or are you comparing a modified VR4 to a stock WRX?

I'm thinking of getting another car, but not sure if it will be an Alfa. I was thinking of a WRX too, but on a GC8 chassis with an EJ20 STi engine. IMHO, the Impreza with the GC8 chassis is better looking than the current Impreza.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I think Alvin is mentioning his 3000 GT VR4 (GTO) with the 6G72 Turbo engine (320hp), not the father of Lancer EVO - Galant VR4 (btw, do we have it here in the States?)

And talking about EJ20 STi in a GC8. Two of my friends, both bought a GC8 2.5RS when it was new.
A put a turbo kit, B put a JDM EJ20T.
A sold his 2.5RS, bought the WRX, sold his WRX, waiting for the new STi.
B is still trying to put the car back together and haven't driven the car for two years. All we know the wiring is PITA, and not that many people want to touch it.
We told him to sell the GC8 and get a new WRX instead.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yep, I am talking about the Mitsubishi GTO or as it is known in the USA, the twin turbo 3000 GT six speed, AWD & AWS. It comes with 320 horsers stock but weighs over 4,100lb. Bummer. My little mule puts out about 350 horses. Fun as hell to drive, but it does not compare to a GTV!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts