Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just would like to know if this is a 164 part, if so where? It's got a pretty unusual left hand thread. I don't recall seeing it on a 164.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It came with a bunch of parts I got from Ted whose "mechanic" told him he needed, including a belt tensioner I've never seen, a new OEM oil pump because his gage was showing low, etc.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
That is not from an Alfa 164. Its from an Alfetta or GTV 6. Its an adjustment bolt for the steering column height.

·
Premium Member
26,995 Posts
That is not from an Alfa 164. Its from an Alfetta or GTV 6. Its an adjustment bolt for the steering column height.
The 164 uses that style bolt to adjust the steering column, too.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Yup, remember when I completely pulled my steering column apart a few months ago to fix the off-centering of the rack? Well here's a word of advice - DO NOT remove that bolt unless absolutely necessary (which in my case it was not) It's a real MF'er to get back in again.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Steering column adjustment bolt

Yes I thought steering column straight away, removed a million of them, removed and replaced quite a few 164 steering columns Paul, I never recall any problems getting the bolts back in :scared:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts