Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the beginnings of my search for a set of serviceable condition front and rear bumpers from a 1974 Spider to put onto my 78 Spider.

Any and all leads would be welcome.

Part #2 of my post... Does anyone know where I can buy as complete a "plug and play" bumper conversion installation kit? I do not want to buy repro bumpers as my spider's "patina'd" condition would look horrible with shiny new bumpers. I just want to find a source for the brackets and hardware I will need to complete the installation.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the retro kit from Centerline for my 76 Spider and they look great. Call them, they may be able to sell you just the brackets. I looked high and low for pre 74 bumpers and finally went with the conversion and glad I did. You are going to pay a lot for a good set that may have dents/rust, if you can find them. You may be able to purchase a whole car with the bumpers on it - there is one on Ebay right now. Has front bumper but no picture of back.
Also, try IAP and Alfa Parts. Google Alfa Parts and start calling all the providers.

·
Premium Member
14,776 Posts
Some of the Brit Alfa parts places -Highwood Alfa etc, have used parts. You might luck out if you call them. I bought my front bumpers in England and bought new parts for them from Highwood.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,568 Posts
I saw a 74 parts car on Craigslist, don't know if it still has the bumpers or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts