Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I always liked Pininfarina's take on the Pagoda Merc. Here is his one-off from 1964, done for the German media titan Springer.

The black and red is the same car. It went through a couple of owners and paint jobs. It is now perfectly restored to its original silver and was at Pebble Beach in 2006 for the Pininfarina special. Done by Tjaarda (I did not even know he was at Pininfarina when he was young ...) with style cues from the Flavia coupe and Ferrari GTE, especially the back.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that is hot Mike. There's a shade of Facel Vega and early Lancia FLavia coupe about the tail. Its very handsome.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
2 door wagons are a particular fetish of mine, thanks for sharing that Merc - very cool. I think I'm one of the few people alive who actually drool whenever I see a Lancia Beta HPE!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 door wagons are a particular fetish of mine, thanks for sharing that Merc - very cool. I think I'm one of the few people alive who actually drool whenever I see a Lancia Beta HPE!
You're not alone. I'm also partial to a good HPE. I've been known to get excited about a Volvo P1800ES too i'm afraid, but neither touch the Pietro Frua W113 shooting brake for cool.

·
Registered
118 Posts
nice lookers...but i HATE 55-57 chevys...tooooo **** many of em lol

rather have a 58 ford sedan delivery(theres one for sale in WA)

but ill be VERY happy with this......half german..half alfa(only the body skin is geman)

ateast when i finish it
Can you give us abit more information about what is going on here?

Thanks
C.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
You're not alone. I'm also partial to a good HPE. I've been known to get excited about a Volvo P1800ES too i'm afraid, but neither touch the Pietro Frua W113 shooting brake for cool.
Agree 100% - I think we may have been separated at birth!:eek:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
ive a lil soft spot for 2dr wagons....but i also love the bizare

the volvo..what a sweety wish i knew more about it other than YES its real and was told it was actualy pulling that trailer

the lambo is an obvious photo chop but sweet none the less

the last one..its a "crown" toyota

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
A neighbor had the sedan for a while--in the photo the brake looks v. good.--never seen even a pic of one before.

My daily driver is rather a quick wagon.:):)

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
i think the styling issue with it is that "down sweep" in the tail sides and roof..as well as "split" rear side glass..otherwise a great looking car

lotsa sweet stuff and great eye candy

kinda like this mudstain..but look in the back ground i see a milly

·
Registered
3,585 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
CUTE panel truck....CONSIDERABLY bigger than my lil lloyd wagon...but my lil lloyd should SCREAM in comparison being its on full milano suspension and drive train..what can i say..i LOVE the alfa v6

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Thanks for the Shooting Brake link sfalfa, I always wondered where that (what I thought was) unusual term came from.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Glad to help spread my addiction...

I'm still looking for a pic I have somewhere of a beautifully converted Jag XJS - think Volvo 1800ES rear on the Jag - if anyone has seen it or has a pic - please post!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts