Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are my 1988 and 1989 Mazda 323 GTX all wheel drive turbo rally cars.I just picked up the white one today. These cars are a blast to drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
I do not think so... I think the BP Familia's are based on our 1st gen Protege and the GTX Familia's were not imported into the USA. I have seen guys put the 1.8 out of the Familia's GTX into the 1st gen GTX but it requires some work. I will have to post a pic of my GTX.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Those engines are pretty cool in Miatas too. Shame the car is so rare. There has been a 323 GTX at a local rotary shop up on a lift for several months now as the shop can't source a transmission =(

It's like owning an Italian car, with out the soul.

And that's not to play the car down at all you guys, those GTX's are sweet and really really fun I hear. But you buy Japanese cars for different reasons than Italian cars, right Lenard?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those engines are pretty cool in Miatas too. Shame the car is so rare. There has been a 323 GTX at a local rotary shop up on a lift for several months now as the shop can't source a transmission =(

It's like owning an Italian car, with out the soul.

And that's not to play the car down at all you guys, those GTX's are sweet and really really fun I hear. But you buy Japanese cars for different reasons than Italian cars, right Lenard?

The white one is a keeper so far. Can you get me the number to the shop with the GTX maybe I can buy it too!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Really cool car, wanted one of those for years.
My sisters husband had a white GTX, until the engine blew up... but thats another story.
The GT-R's aren't bad too :)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few more daytime pics

Attachments

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts