Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several chips on the front of my S4. They are touched up. The rest of the car is pretty much mint. My question is, has anyone had just the front hood and nose of the car resprayed? If so, was the paint blended well into the rest of the car?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Nose jobs?

Huh.... :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow....:eek: How the h8ll do you respond to everything so fast...and with pics!!?!

But you know, I like most of those women in the BEFORE pics better...Oh, I Seeee...you are saying leave well enough alone! You are very wise...

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Wow....:eek: How the h8ll do you respond to everything so fast...and with pics!!?!
It's just what I do:)

ps. I would have replied faster but I was on a phone call;)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Those chips add character! A "nose job" on a Spider is a tough one, as it's hard to do an invisible blend. If your painter knows what he's doing,he may be able to pull it off, but the repaired area will often become more visible over time. Those chips are a real pain 'cause they're so darn obvious, so it's up to you...drive it 'till you can't stand it any longer and repaint the whole car!
Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those chips add character! A "nose job" on a Spider is a tough one, as it's hard to do an invisible blend. If your painter knows what he's doing,he may be able to pull it off, but the repaired area will often become more visible over time. Those chips are a real pain 'cause they're so darn obvious, so it's up to you...drive it 'till you can't stand it any longer and repaint the whole car!
Regards,
Good point. They are actually not bad at all. Maybe I should wait a while...

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Yep, the usual procedure would be to sand and prep the damaged area, then put color on, fading into the rest of the panel. Then clear coat the whole panel (or panels) as required. In other words, the clear generally isn't blended, rather it is hardlined at a body seam.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
I saw on "Dream Car Garage" how they fixed chips (without spraying) on the nose of a mid-year (63-67) Corvette. You "dab" paint on the chip to even it with the rest of the paint on the panel, clear if required & then sand even (with 1500 grit paper) and then power buff. Sounds easy enough but like everything else, it's not.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
i just purchased the paint chip applicators from griots garage. will let you know how they are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts