Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fork appears to be NOS with a black grayish coating. I removed it from an Alfa bag.

I’m also including a Pivot ball from my spares. It appears lightly used at worst. It has a graphite or similar dry coating that comes off with fingernail. Includes hardened mount washer. $175 obo for both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Rob
Are you absolutely sure the fork is new? If you are I will take it but would need it sent to Brisbane Australia 4000, or as a less attractive alternative to my sister who lives in Seattle. I could probably arrange shipping form here i think. thanks Rowan

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rowan, it appears new to me but since I didn't buy the thing new I am not absolutely sure. What I can tell you is I removed it from a bag and it looks new (the machined surfaces don't have any of the typical grooves or grind marks from use).
The appearance is not like all the used ones I've seen that have been exposed to elements. I'll post a photo of it in sunshine.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks Rob. I think I will leave it. If I was positive it was new then I would very happily take it, but I had a bad experience recently buying one from Italy which was not only not new but also worn out! I just can't tell clearly enough from the photos. Having said that, you seem pretty sure it is new?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Rob. I think I will leave it. If I was positive it was new then I would very happily take it, but I had a bad experience recently buying one from Italy which was not only not new but also worn out! I just can't tell clearly enough from the photos. Having said that, you seem pretty sure it is new?
Rowan - I'm not sure what else to say on it...it looks new to me. The pivot ball bolt does not appear to be new but that was just an added "bonus" to this fork in case someone needs it.

I've seen plenty of worn out and used forks and this is not. Since you're so far away, I understand not wanting to take the chance. If you were up the street I'd say come on over and take a look for yourself!

To anyone else looking - still available!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks Rob. I will take the chance on it. I assume you have seen enough to know whether it is new or not and they are very hard to find. I can't work out how to PM on this new format, but my email is rjackson at qldbar.asn.au if you are able to give me a total with postage to Australia 4000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts