Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One brand new points contact for the Marelli S127 distributor fitted to the Montreal, marked as part number 71007106. Useful as a spare. Asking price is £30 GBP plus modest shipping. Please email me directly if interested, thank you.

Attachments

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
They're for a friend of mine. :)

·
16,232 Posts
Alex,
Did you get the second email I sent you 03 June?

·
16,232 Posts
Has anyone had any contact with Alex in the past week?

·
16,232 Posts
Alex,
I see that you made a few posts to the BB yesterday. This means that you are able to respond. So I will ask again that you reply to the email I sent you two weeks ago on 03 June.
Thank you.

·
16,232 Posts
Alex,
I see that you are currently on the BB so I thought to post this now.
Pasted below is the email I sent you 23 July. At least offer me the courtesy of a reply.
Thank you.

--------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, 23 July, 2011 19:22
To: 'Alex'
Subject: RE: Alfa parts

You know Alex, this lens issue has gone beyond ridiculous. It’s high time we try to come to a resolution.

My offer of 03 June still stands; refund the $100US I paid you for the wrong lens you sent minus the cost of the Montreal points and carriage. I get the points and you get the lens. Deal?

Cheers,

Jim

·
16,232 Posts
It's been two weeks since my last request and still no reply.

·
16,232 Posts
3 months, 10 days and still no reply!

It's quite obvious now that Alex has somehow connected his breach of contract that he broke with me last year, his refusal to rectify said contract and now me wanting to buy these points for a friend of mine. As I wrote you months ago Alex, I will honour you with your very own 'buyer beware' thread.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the light of your pestering emails, am I likely to want to sell you these?

I loathe being forced to take a private dispute into the open, particularly with someone who is genrally held in high esteem in these quarters, but could you clarify how you deem me to have broken a contract with you? An early 1750 light was sent to you in error and I did not like your proposed method of putting this matter right. Trying to make a public issue of this is pathetic and belongs in the school playground.

If you want to moan at me some more, send me a PM.

·
16,232 Posts
Trying to make a public issue of this is pathetic and belongs in the school playground.
I agree. If only you had answered my numerous emails and PMs, two of which said that I would go public on the matter, you could have saved yourself the embarrassment.

You don't like my proposed method of you refunding to me exactly what I paid you for the wrong parts you sent? Fine. But there is no way for me to know this when you refuse to answer my emails and PMs. Until or unless you email or PM me with your proposal, this will stay public.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Demean yourself if you insist, I have nothing further to say in this thread.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,928 Posts
So, Papajam bought some lenses from Alex. But the lenses that showed up were not the correct lenses or were not as described, pictured or whatever. Am I right? So, the buyer brings it to the seller's attention and proposes a solution. Since the seller doesn't like the proposed solution he decides not to respond or negotiate a fair and reasonable solution. Next, the buyer "pesters" the seller. Then, the seller says tough doodoo, they are yours. Buyer has made numerous attempts to get get the issue resolved and seller cops an attitude. Sounds to me that caution should be taken when dealing with this seller.

Papajam, Montreal points aren't all that hard to find. I can find you two sets for much less than what he's selling a single set for. BTW, want a spare dizzy too?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sounds to me like Alex is only in this for the money. He bought a big whack of used and NOS parts and is now sweating his A$$ off trying to figure out a way to unload all these parts.
Doesn't want to give a refund for wrong parts sent? ***?

As usual with dealing with overseas sellers, buyer beware.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I can see someone wanting to sell some of their parts they have stashed in their garage or basement, to make room, make some cash, whatever. I have sold parts too. But if someone is selling parts regularly, pretty much making a business out of it, and then needing members to help identify parts too... that doesn't sit well with me. I only hope the BB is getting a nice donation for allowing Alex to run a business and seemingly being a jerk about it too. And if not, don't be such be a cheapskate and make yourself a website.

Just a little advice from one business owner to another. Make things right with your customers or you won't have any one to sell to. Word gets around fast, and I'm sure you can cross a few potential customers off your list now. Starting with me!

Jim, he can keep those Montreal points, I don't need them that bad, but thanks anyway.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well I got a PM from Alex explaining a few things to me about their transaction that I didn't know and as usual, there are always two sides to every argument. It's sad when two adults can't seem to come to an agreement or at least "meet in the middle" when something like this kind of problem comes up and it's an act of desperation when these things become public.

I have bought bits for my car from both gentlemen at different times and have never had a problem with the transaction.

That being said, I'd like to say that Alex is not running a business on this site. He does have a lot of NOS parts for various Alfas and he does try to sell them internationally as well to help the rest of us get a better deal on them than perhaps we could on ebay.
I hope the two of them can come to a resolution and hopefully do it by PM.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,928 Posts
I too received a PM from Alex. Like, you I hope they can work something out. When one person is interested in working something out and the other is not, nothing will happen. This is the case, here.

I suppose that it all depends on your definition of what running a business is. If Alex sells things on a regular basis on the BB, then he is running a business of sorts. Just because their is no store front, does not mean he's not running a business. I am sure the local tax authorities in the county he lives in, would see things differently.

Regardless of what he is doing, he has an obligation to his client or customer to work something out. This is not the first time someone has had an issue with Alex. It is also not the first time that Alex has acted in this way towards someone who has made their issue with him public.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Maybe that's why a business like ebay came into existence in the first place. There is a gaurantee that the transaction will go through which is comforting to both seller and buyer and if not, then you'll get bad comments on your profile which does not bode well for future sales.

At least on ebay one can check the seller's profile before a bid is placed and the seller can check the buyer's profile as well to see what comments have been written about his previous transactions.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts