Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't laugh, but you're in good company if you do. I'm helping Jon Norman clear out some slow sellers. NOS righthand head, 2.5, for a GTV6 or Milano. Alfa PN 605-12-995, NOS, in the box, literally.

Larry Jr from APE laughed out loud, said he hasn't had call for one in 10 years. So be the first on your block (pun intended). Jon would like to get $200 for this. It weighs 41+ pounds, shipping extra or pick up in Berkeley. Will post pics tomorrow; be the first to commit! Presumably bare, I haven't opened the box yet.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
It's a late casting. It has mounting lugs and the studs for the 164 upper engine mount / dogbone. Most Milano head castings have those lugs cast in, but GTV6 castings generally do not.

Are you sure it's a 2.5 liter head, and not a 164 (3.0) head? Have you measured the valve throat diameter.

Bye

·
Premium Member
21,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, Jon swore up and down it's a 2.5 head, I don't know the difference myself. What diameters am I looking for, happy to do so.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
Andrew,

I also believe its probably a 164 head because the dog bone mount plate studs are installed.

Look on the front and back of the head on the outside. During the milano series Alfa started casting 2.5 or 3.0 on the outside of the head.

·
Premium Member
21,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, talked to Larry Jr from APE yesterday about IDing it, it is a 3.0 rear head, 92 casting date. Let me talk to Jon, see if that changes what he wants to do with it. I'd assume it is of more interest, and has more value, as a result, but let me check in with him first. Thanks very much for the alert. Shows how much I know about the V6.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The LeMons Tipo 33/V6 is slated to run March 21 at Sears.
With just one head, I'd have an angled-I3, wouldn't I?
Andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts