Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOS 7" Carello Right Hand Drive Headlights -Complete with NOS buckets and Gaskets

Due to the escalating costs with my GTV project (and the fact I have already sold my soul and a kidney), I am going to start letting go of some of the excess items that I have purchased over the last little while.

Extremely rare in Right hand Drive - these are New Old Stock Carello's with NOS buckets and NOS Gaskets - One has an original AR box one does not. The major Right Hand Drive markets were Australia, the UK, South Africa and Hong Kong.

The pair have never been mounted - therefore:
- the lights are NEW
- the Gaskets are NEW
- the Rubber Boots and rubber wire gasket on the buckets are NEW
- the Buckets themselves are NEW.
- they are both in MINT CONDITION

You will most likely not find another pair in this condition - it's as if they were pulled from a 1960's AR warehouse time capsule.

Part number on the both glass lenses is 08.480.700
Part number on the box itself if 105.45.65.010 01 00
Part on the Gasket is 03368512

- No globes included.

From the part numbers I can determine they fit 1750 GT Veloce (1967–1971) which is 105.45 series in RHD. They may fit other models such as GT variants or Giulia sedan models with 7" headlights - I cannot advise. The headlights themselves have the two flared hooks and one smaller tab to go under the plastic ring pull device.

So if you are seriously interested in these as a unit - (I will not separate the set) - then get in touch with me and submit an offer. I am happy to ship them insured anywhere at your expense. You can also arrange to see them in person if you're in Melbourne.

I only have this one set for sale.

If they don't sell or attract enough attention I'll mothball them - so serious offers only please.

For all pictures please go here:
Alfa Romeo Headlights 08480700 pictures by rotoso - Photobucket

- here is a few:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lights are Sold to a good home.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
For how much, if I may be so indiscreet??

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Alex,

If the owner wants to advise I'l leave that to him.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Jesus, it's a pair of headlights, not some jewelled Fabergé egg :rolleyes:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Jesus, it's a pair of headlights, not some jewelled Fabergé egg :rolleyes:
That is the funniest remark I've read on this BB in quite some time. Captures a certain quality of our members (mia culpa)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Faberge Egg?

To give a guide price to those lights, I bet theyre valued at somewhere between a Faberge Egg and a can of Faberge Brut? (unless that now has the cachet ofa 70s Alfa?)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ahhh, Brut aftershave.
A favourite beveridge of skid row bums the world over.

Sorry for the hijack pancho:eek:. Those lights looked like jems to me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts