Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my GTV and can let this go: all five pieces of a 1750 GTV grill, center heart, left and right mesh, and small between-the-lights pieces in each bag with the mesh. I've had it for 15+ years. NOS, in-the-bag (literally); only the center shell bag has been opened. All perfect, honest-to-God Alfa stuff.

My problem is price. Centerline gets $449 for a repro center, $695 for the four-piece repro mesh set. That's nearly $1200, which seems crazy for repro pieces. So I'm torn about what to ask. These are better than repro as the real thing. I guess I'm interested in offers. I don't normally sell stuff this way without a set price, but I really don't know what's appropriate. A repro center shell here last year went unsold at $180 and eventually sold for less, though I don't know how much.

Let me know if you're interested. Would prefer to sell as a set. Plus shipping.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
If Jim's offer isn't accepted, let me know. I don't even own a 1750 (yet) but I've got 40+ years of car ownership ahead of me and I'd say it's pretty likely that I'll want an early 1750 one day. Some parts are worth collecting, 'just in case' ;).

p.s. It got lost in a list of other things to do, but I should have a shipping price for those 1300 pistons/liners today. I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
22,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's why I bought these in the first place; I figured someday I'd have a 1750 GTV to restore. I'm in my declining years now, and don't expect that's going to happen. Of course, I thought all the free Berlinas were gone too, but one showed up Saturday in my driveway. So you never know.

Will talk to Jim then report back. Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
. . . . I'm in my declining years now, and don't expect that's going to happen. . . . .
Ouch!!!

That was really painful to hear. And you're younger than me.:(

Despite overwhelming evidence . . . . I'm still in denial. :p

·
Premium Member
22,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was somewhat kidding, but when I hit 45 (7 years ago) I started looking at the infinite future, and what I could do in it, differently. Plus I'm just not as willing to take on "needs it all" projects to the extent I used to be.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sifting through the offers and I'll let the "lucky winner" know soon. For anyone who hasn't chimed in already, consider them sold. Thanks
Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts