Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Old Stock, never used Borgo 1300cc Alfa Romeo Giulietta Veloce Pistons, Rings and Wrist Pins. Set of 4 in original box. These are the high compression Veloce pistons with the deeper valve relief cuts (due to higher dome)

These are marked 74,2 (74.2mm) and would fall into the 2nd oversize range as identified in the Giulietta Shop Manual Technical Characteristics (shown).

Never used, shelf wear only. There is a very light aluminum colored paint that has flaked off/melted off with the oil that they were coated in. Overall very good condition. Rings are all clean and intact.

$425 and I will pay Priority Shipping in the domestic US.

PM if interested.
Thanks.

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4019.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
Neat find! I think what you thought was silver paint is actually "tin-splatter". Years ago some pistons were agitated in tin flakes and an extremely thin surface coating was transferred to the aluminum. This was intended to ease break in, I remember when we did it at OMC for 2 cycle pistons in the late 50's early '60's. The coating is so thin it disappears over time in storage, or by the time the engine is broken in.

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
Years ago, they came fitted with rings for specific size liners as 67 alloy has shown! Those days are long gone.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Just a note for Andrew, the perimeter of the dome will need to be chamfered with a radius groove if your head has been milled ( as most are by now). This will give you some additional clearances. The SS and SZ pistons already have it. Also the valve pockets will also probably require a kiss. A note in the box for future reference will be a good reminder for some future time. Norman or Sahines will know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts