Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all...

Don't know if this particular section is appropriate for this type of post, but thought I'd spread the word a bit further than just the NWARC folder...

This is an open invitation for all Alfa owners who live anywhere near Seattle/Tacoma to come out to SyKart (SyKart indoor racing center) in Kent on Saturday, February 16th between 1pm and 3pm for some rubbin' and bumpin' with other fellow Alfisti! We're hoping to have a minimum of 36 drivers for two solid hours of enduro-style racing. We're also hoping to keep the cost at or under $50 per driver.

This is not just for hard-core racers... this is fun for the whole family, and I would encourage everyone to come and either drive or watch and cheer your favorite team. Drivers must be at least 15 years old to drive with no prerequisite... otherwise, 8-14 year old kids must complete a short and fun training course... which happens to be offered every Saturday morning at 10:30am (please contact SyKart to verify this, as I have been known to disseminate misinformation from time to time).

Hey... this is also a fantastic event for club members to drag any Alfa owners that you might know from your neighborhood or work or fitness center... you know, the ones you've been trying to convince to join the club for the past three years! Trust me... everyone loves to be invited to a go-karting party!!

OK... look for more details in the Iniezione newsletter in January and February... and send me a PM if you have any other specific questions. We may need to have a sign-up list... I'm still working out the details.

Thanks... Mirko Freguia

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Hello Mirko, I really love those rims you have. They look just great. :)

Cordially Wille R. Scandinavia
Hey Wille -
Come on over, join us in the enduro, and check out those cool rims, in person and au naturel!!:D

·
Registered
1976 Alfetta GT, 2018 Giulia Sport
1,764 Posts
Mirko,
We have done several of these enduros. WHAT A BLAST.
Some suggestions:
Get $ up front as a RSVP. Our last event, 3 hrs, ended up costing about $70 per person. Good thing we got enough folks to cover the $2,000 track rental.
Be careful of the little ones. They can really drive and placed 2nd among our 10 teams!!! The next time I am proposing a 150# weight penalty for those little buggers!!
Ask if their timing system can handle a long session. Our last event it kept crashing their system and we had to restart 2 times while they fixed the problem.
Ask about their policy on "broken" carts and do they have enough fuel to run your entire session. At our last 3 hr enduro we discovered that the track put enough fuel for about 2hr 45 min, since they had never run the carts that long.
Have sign boards for each team to call in a driver for a change.
What is their policy on bringing your own helmet?
AND BE PREPARED TO HAVE A LOT OF FUN.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there Wille, great to hear from you. Hope all is well. Yes, they are a beautiful and timeless style. Cheers, Mirko

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Paul, sounds like you had lots of fun despite a couple minor hick-ups (I think they're bound to happen even with the best planning). Thanks for the excellent suggestions... I'll definitely put them on the list. Cheers, Mirko

1 - 6 of 6 Posts