Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not normally much of a club guy, generally following St. Marx's guidance in this regard. However, we seem to be getting a few more on the ground around here.

Anyone interested in hooking up during the winter toward some sort of Spring event with our cars?

I'm in Carson City, currently with three Alfas, but hopefully down to two by mid January. I've got a neighbor, John, with a running 115 Spider, plus another local, Steve with the same.
In Reno I know Joe with a non-running 1971 GTV. There are certainly others up there.

Post your interest and contact info and we'll see if we can reach critical mass by the time the snow melts.

Don P.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
I could be coaxed into coming up there for a fun ride. Provided the passes are open in the Sierras.

Oh, and I have a running car. LOL

·
Registered
754 Posts
Live in reno and have a couple of other friends with running Alfa’s. About 8 of us are all members of the RENO Fiat club chapter and a new Fiat owner/member in Gardnerville. We take drives up to Tahoe, over to Sutter Creek, Sonoma is planned for January, we trailer and track the cars with the local RENO SCCA at Thunderhill, CA. Most Friday’s after work we head to WilD Garlic Pizza in RENO. At my buddies shop in Reno, SIERRA Invisible Shield, we have five car lifts, a wash bay, and about 20 Alfa’s stored there getting them ready for the road. Feel free to call or text me to get acquainted. We’re very active and drive the cars almost daily.
Tom
775-813-3303

·
Push hard and live
9,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Tom and Bob,

Bob - what's the running car? A Prius?

Tom, I think we exchanged a note or two, but yet to meet. I'm indifferent to club structures, just curious if there's any Alfa sufferers out there in need of a 12-step organization.

A quick glance at the map suggests there's either two or three Wild Garlic operations. Which one/address?

Sonoma in January? My experiences with both 50 and 80 in the middle of winter are pretty grim. Maybe the new Fiats can do those routes, but my old Alfas shouldn't be asked to do it. Probably make it, but I wouldn't be able to get out and walk around.

I know Dexter. He's blasted a couple of cars for me.

So - what time and dress code for your pizza dates? Is there one tomorrow (12/13)?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yes tomorrow pizza Wild Garlic on Mt Rose. Around 6pm ish.
we’re really just a bunch of friends hanging out, no real organization.
In January, we watch the weather and pass conditions. I’m guessing I’ll probably drive my Yukon over. Lets talk about a lower elevation route, possibly Twin Lakes, via Yerington and the back roads in February.
Might trailer the Alfa/abarth to Utah in March for a NASA track event. It’s all weather dependent.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, you can sort of fit a Prius, or maybe a Fiat 500, under the Xmas tree. Where the GTV was supposed to go.

🤣

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
I'm bleeding here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts