Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious on what guys are using for exhaust systems on their 101 spider normale's

I see OKP offers Ansa performance exhausts..ayone using this system. I would like the car to have a nice rumble rasp tone...something not so subdue.

Thanks for any advice.

Todd

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Over here, a new Ansa exhaust for a 101 is a real rarety....
Understandably, few have tested one.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi 101/105 guy,

thanks or the reply.. any thoughts on the exhausts available here?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Well, a more general question about the sound of available exhausts might get more feedback. I bought the system on my '64 in 1980, so it wouldn't be much help for you.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
"I bought the system on my '64 in 1980..."

Geez Randy - you're getting old ! :D

That was back in the days of trading Beaver pelts and Wampum !

·
Premium Member
22,651 Posts
My Ansa experience was 35 yeras ago, but in general they didn't fit very well or last very long. The stuff available now, stock, Magnaflow, or whatever, seems much better. I just fit a Bosal middle muffler to my race Super and it was a perfect fit.
Andrew

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Andrew,

my car is a restoration...so I'm not real familiar with normale/veloce sound...or sounds fom different exhausts. But, I would like my normale to have a little racer tone!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,651 Posts
A stock system with three mufflers will be pretty quiet, for sure. These were not loud cars when new.
Andrew

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured as much... I don't want crazy loud.... just a nice race tone when I rev.

·
Registered
640 Posts
To Andrew, Pat, Randy,
How about a stock exhaust with a stinger in place of the rear muffler? Anyone have experience with this on the Giuliettas? My GTJ and Duetto both had this set up, nice sound but not obnoxious.

·
Premium Member
22,651 Posts
My 60 Veloce Spider has the stock tube headers, stock front two muffler, and lacks the muffler behind the axle, kind of like you suggest. It's a bit noisier but not extreme at all.
Andrew

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm still entertained by the difference in the exhaust sound of my '58 Spider Veloce between having the driver's side vent door open and closed. Anyone else notice this?
Doug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts