Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've slowly been working on my car (very sloooooowly) and have a question on the air filter housing:

Is there a good source for the air filter housing clamps? There seems to be one that clamps it to the top of the carb and one that clamps and attaches it to the valve cover and I have neither.

thanks in advance,
Chad

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Carb and housing clamps, Normals

I may have one or two of these items. Solex 1300 engine, downdraft carb.
I am in Ohio.
Owen

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Chad,

I once bought the four flip clamps (aftermarket) needed for the original look of the the air filter housing and the Y-piece hoses from OKparts in Germany, but also Tony at Alfastop carries them, unfortunately, they seem to be temporary stock at both vendors.
Nevertheless, there were originally many more of these flip clamps on our cars, i.e. one on each side of the long air hoses under the fenders (fresh air intakes) and the opposite end in the engine compartment, cooler hoses (smaller size), fuel lines (very small size), fuel hoses in the trunk and so on, I once counted to maybe 17 of the larger size, but there are certainly many more.
Also the aftermarket air filter housing clamps are not cheap, I think the four cost me a bit over 100 dollars three years ago.

Dennis

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Owen, I shot you a PM. I'm interested in some clamps if you've got some. I'm in the Dayton area. It's amazing how many Alfa guys are here in Ohio! I'm meeting new ones all the time.

Dennis, thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check AlfaStop again, I didn't see any on their website.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dennis,

Thanks for the part number, that clamp looks different than the one I'm talking about. Forgive my slowness, maybe I'm missing something.

I've attached a picture of Skiwalk's car that I stole from another thread with an arrow to show the clamp.
Sprint engine.jpg

and a picture of rcess's car to show both clamps
Spider engine.jpg

thanks again,

Chad

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Aha, ok then I misunderstood, I thought you were looking for the later version, no problem....I had an address for these clamps once, but it disappeared together with some other info during my latest harddisc crash 3 years ago and I don´t remember the company´s name any more.

Dennis

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dennis,

sorry for the confusion. Those pictures really are worth 1000 words! Definitely let me know if you find any info on that source. Thanks for your help as that clamp will probably work for some other areas I'll be needing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GTD,
thanks for the tip. I think I will heed your advic as Ive been thinking about getting a full assembly manual anyway. Any recommendations on a good one with exploded views and parts list like you've shown? I currently have a Glenn's manual, which doesn't have nearly the detail you've shown, but does have a nice patina after decades of use with semi-greasy fingers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts