Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people, I'm trying to be a 96' 145 1.7 boxer owner. I'm almost decided but there is something that makes me dubt. I understand about mechanic but I'm not much familiarizated about the boxer configuration. The thing is that this engine has 116000 Km, and it seams to be ok but when I oppened the oil inlet cover (sorry english is not my native lenguaje) I noticed some gases coming out fron there. I don't know if this is normal in this engine, like recirculating gases from the oil crankcase or if there is some compression leaking.

Thank to you all for the answers.

·
Registered
755 Posts
generally thats normal, that can happen if you lift the oil cap just after going for a drive, there is always a small amount of blow-by in any engine and combined with all sorts of gases inside the crank case, eg oil vapors, moisture etc. If theres not too much in there Id say its normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the aswers. I noticed the gases when the engine was runing in slow motion, let say, with the car stopped but the engine runing.
The car was just started, but it took normal temperature.
In stead of the amount of gases let say that I felt them whith my hand. Not smoke! Just like a wind caming out from there.
I made the same test in the level oil rod hole and it was fine. No gases coming out.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts