Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Thanks mike, not quite, but this is very useful. I found a picture here of the stand I used to have:

This was like 30 years ago, and I mail ordered it from I thought IAP or centreline, or larry, but it might have been Ereminas, or shankle.

View attachment 1623484
Well, at least we've established that it didn't come from Alfa Ricambi or DiFatta or Alfa Parts or Spruell.
I think they all the mail order parts places order them. I bought mine with the castors and the V-6 adapters from Centerline around 91.

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
It is multi use,but I only have the transaxle internals support jig,and non original engine support pieces but they work

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Is there a reason not to use this sort of a setup? I see the side mount versions but this is the first time I've seen the engine mounted to the back, the easy way.

If there is no good reason not to mount it this way, I have that mount, that will make my life a lot easier.

Will

Will, I have a homemade version of this engine stand (but with two front legs). The problem with it is, you can't install the half moon anchors and the flywheel to the crankshaft, while the engine is on the stand because the mount gets in the way. This makes it easy to forget to install the half moon bolt anchors. Okay, it did for me.

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Centerline and several others sold them also.

I had one back then and it came from Centerline.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks Jim, I'm going to attempt to build one from memory. I would buy another one but the shipping to the UK would be massive. Any idea at all on any of the measurements? Just incase Mr Ereminas is reading this - I'd happily pay for the plans, don't want to steal food from the Ereminas family.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
+1 for attaching engine using engine mount location using the adapter plans provided on the bb.

Two adapters made and in use with complete engine and no issues.

Just be sure the length and diameter adapter matches with the engine stand used. I had to have the gussets shaved a wee bit and the bolt hole relocated on one adapter.

Chip

21 - 35 of 35 Posts