Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm just about to fit a 1750 engine into a Giulia Super. One day in the future I want to experiment with a programmable-advance electronic ignition system, probably based on Megasquirt2 - and then move onto fully megasquirting it (fuel and all).

So the one job I need to do before fitting the engine is to attach some sort of crank angle sensor to the crank pulley. I'd really like to see photos, but any description of what has been successfully used or attached to a 1750 or 2000 engine would be very useful. I have an open mind on this so please supply alternative thoughts etc.

Of course, if there's already a thread about this then please point me to that also.

Thanks in advance, (haha)

-Richard
Scotts Valley, CA
66 GTV
67 Giulia Super

·
Registered
4,501 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pulley

Hi JJ,

thanks, so where can I get that 60-2 pulley? - I've never heard of "Group 2".

Also that photo of the Marelli Distributor modified to Hall effect - is that a kit you can get or is that something you had machined or did yourself?

Thanks,

-Richard

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Call Joe at 206.378.0900 or email him at [email protected] ( BTW - their website is www.group2inc.com ) - Tell him that "the gorilla" sent you... They can get you the pulley, mods to the stock intake manifold etc.

If you 4 individual throttle-bodies, I can get that for you - plus the GoTech engine management system with the custom plug and play wiring harness with connectors etc, the hal-sender distributor mods, the crank-angle sensor etc etc.

You ca buzz me at 425.941.4747 or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
crank sensors

Thanks for those pictures slyalfa - I'll contact Wes Ingram and see what he says. Definitely a neat installation you show, but...I have a weber-equiped car with the other timing cover.

Does anyone else have pictures and/or suggestions of how to put a crank-trigger wheel on a 1750 engine. Just weighing options so any info welcomed.

Thanks

-Richard

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I had to look it had 36 now it has 35. so it is a 36-1 it also runs at cam speed so I can do seq things with out a 2nd trigger. but unlike a cam it does not seem to bounce around.
I have the pump off the car now as I have added a servo system to it so I can control it.
I just have been lazy and not put it back together for the next test.

I guess if your ECU has limited trigger options. it might be a problem, I forget some system have limits on things like that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can look for a crank pulley from an injected alfa, it should have a 36 tooth pulley for the spica behind the v-belt one,and grind off one tooth.Then you need a sensor,etc.I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
that would be 18 so you could do a 18-1 I thought of that. The same gear hall would work.
if I did not keep the spica I would have done that. just point the hall the other way. but the mounting would be a bit harder as the hall would need to slide way past the cover. but it would not be too hard. and still be hidden.

·
Registered
503 Posts
for Megasquirt, 36-1 is by far the easiest... and using the Spica wheel is the way to go if you've got it installed and are converting to EFI. I sell full EDIS kits for $75 which include the trigger wheel, sensor, coilpack, ignition module, and all related connectors...

A

·
0 Posts
anyone doing a TS conversion and going with carbs and dist. might have a 60-2 front pulley for sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts