Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am up in Magalia (above Chico, 100 miles north of Sacramento) I could really use a weber capable dyno tuner to sort out an abonormale build with 4 DCOE carbs. It runs very nice at low rpms up to 3500, has a vibration/stutter at around 3800 rpm to 4000 then smooths out to 5000. I am not trying to diagnosis by correspondence - I want to get it on a dyno and see what is actually happening with a/f and power output. All the usual and obvious suspects have been addressed and there has been incremental improvement (i.e, linkages are spot on, float levels correct, etc ) I would put the car on a trailer and drive 3 hours if need be to work with the right person. I did send an inquiry to Pierce Manifold for a recommendation but as of now no response.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A long way from you, but there is one at the Sonoma Raceway. If you're interested, LMK (via email) and I'll dig up contact info.
Thanks. If nothing closer turns up I will go there. I was hoping for someone at Thunderhill, which is much closer, but the guy with the mobile dyno isn't there now and he dosen't do webers.

·
Premium Member
21,492 Posts
There used to be a guy in LA who had one on a trailer, would do dyno days at Santo's shop in Northridge. A long way from you but you might check with Santo for the guy's name.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andrew
Thnks for the response. I think the traveling guy was John Evans who had a moble dyno business much loved by So Cal alfa folks, called Evanspeed (I still have a card) but he went out of businesss over ten years ago. The few dyno shops I have found are all into tuning EFI. But I will giveSantos a call.
So mark me still looking.

·
Premium Member
21,492 Posts
That sounds right. I'd hoped to get my race Super down there for a setup but I stopped racing before I got around to it.
Well, Hasselgren in Berkeley will set you up, but you have to take your engine out and put it on the dyno for that! Paul is very good at this stuff, all of Norman Racing's engines go through his dyno, which is in the same building.
Andrew

·
Registered
699 Posts
There is one here in Sacramento,on Fulton ave, just up the street from me, will get phone number for you in few hours

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is one here in Sacramento,on Fulton ave, just up the street from me, will get phone number for you in few hours
ThankYouThankYou A Sacramento tuner who meddles with webers would be outstanding!

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Called several times but busy. Will keep trying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts