Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Last month I drove back down from Connecticut to Key Largo - Perfect drive again. Replacement rear end is great and gives me more speed at lower RPM.

Here we (Nico the dog too) are waiting for the Cape May Ferry
View attachment 1712176
I love that car. I love that you take it on trips.

Isn't the H4 a hi-low filament lamp? Yours has two separate bulbs in the outer light? Like the old Marchal Amplilux?
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Natural material Gas Headlamp

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Yes, the H4 bulb is a high/low bulb and the is an additional H1 bulb in that outer headlight too. The smaller inner high beam is also a H1. When driving on a dark road it seems like daylight with the high-beams on! :p

As for Marchal Amplilux; interesting. I've never seen them.

Here are photos of mine:
inside:
View attachment 1712187
That's really interesting, they're almost side by side.

The Amplilux is hard to find and highly sought after by vintage Ferrari and 911 guys. But I think they work in a similar way with two separate reflectors.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Wow, cool to see them together.

This conversation about mounting is also interesting and reminds me I put new Euro Hellas in a '73 Ford Capri (4 lights, H4/H1) in high school. They blew the headlight fuse every time I turned them on. I finally took them out again and electrical taped the mounts where they touched the body, and that solved it. I didn't understand at the time why they'd sell headlights like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.